PDA

View Full Version : FS Fish in Calgary

Pier Pressure
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi, people. I am having trouble with a hair algae outbreak and we have decided to take our reef in a different direction regardless. I have three common fish for sale to start:

1 true perc ($10.00);
1 false perc ($10.00); and
1 blue green chromis ($10.00).

I have kept these fish together for over a year now and they are healthy, happy and eating anything. Preference will be given to somebody who wants to keep them together. I am pretty sure the chromis thinks he is a perc now and I do not want to disillusion him. LOL.

globaldesigns
09-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Are you giving up on the reef to do a FOWLR tank? Before doing something drastic, tell us what you have for equipment/setup and your parameters. Algae is always a byproduct of too much nutrients... Maybe you need to change something or upgrade a piece of hardware.

We can probably help you out.

Pier Pressure
09-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I think we might just get a mantis or something. Once I get rid of the fish and corals we are going to use a chemical to remove hair algae and do a tank blackout but I don't want the fishes to have to go through that. We have tried manual removal and many other tricks and the hair algae is just too deep. It grows back inside of two days!

Pier Pressure
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
If you take all three fish I shall let you have them for $20. Just want to find them a good home.

ElGuappo
10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
you could try a hectors or rainfords goby. they love hair algae.

Pier Pressure
10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I actually had a sea hare and he could not keep up with the growth, so I am doubting a little goby could do the job. Thanks, though. I have some interest so looks like the fishes are going for a road trip.

Toolman
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I will take all 3 fish for $20

globaldesigns
10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Even if you use chemicals to destroy the algae, you need to look at why it became such a problem.

I am thinking even after dosing the tank, destroying the algae and then getting a mantis, the algae most likely will return... There is a cause/effect, what is the cause? That is what you/us need to figure out.

Could you detail your system and hardware for us.

Pier Pressure
10-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Fish are now pending. I am holding onto them for a week or two for a member. If this person decides not to take them I will let you know.

globaldesigns, we do not have time for the reef right now - personal issues going on. Might end up selling everything - not sure yet. First we are getting rid of the fish, then the corals, and then we will see where we are at at that point. Thanks for your offer of help, though!

Pier Pressure
10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I have to take these fishes off the market. Significant other freaked out when I told him I was going to sell them. He promised to get back on the tank maintenance, and I probably should have checked with him first. Pretty embarrassed here - sorry for wasting your valuable time.