PDA

View Full Version : New to the hobby looking for corals

dualist
09-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Hey folks,

I am looking at picking up some coral that is beyond that of just frags. I bought a nice 90 gal sw tank and am looking at adding to it to make it more of a reef tank rather than a marine tank. The fish i have in there at this time is 1 marine betta, 2 regal tangs, 1 yellow tang, 2 clownfish, 1 green wrasse, 1pajama cardinal, 2 green chromis, 1 coral beauty. I have a few pieces of coral already that are frags. 2 torch corals, 1 small birdsnest frag, a medium sized rock with star polyps, tiny piece of green digitata and a really nice blue clam. I have been unsuccessfull with anename...so hence the torch corals, which saddens me because as a dive instructor and underwater photographer one of my favorite subjects is Anemones. But have sworn off them SOB's as they make you feel so guilty when you are in the act of flushing them down the freshwater freeway to hersheyville before they poison the rest of your tank. So in short I am looking for anyone who has any extra peices of established coral that are decent size they may want to move to make room for something else. I would be intersted in hammercorals, and frogspawns and or well anythings actually. Spomething fairly priced would be appreciated..... thank you all in advance....

Close to the Edmonton area would be preferred.....thanks

Mart

Binare
09-27-2009, 12:23 AM
One of your favourite subjects is "Anenames"? Sorry couldn't resist :p have you looked at blue world? I met him when he was down here, his shop seems like a great place to start looking.

dualist
09-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Hey come on now!!!!! give a dyslexic brother a chance....lol....... good call..... I have been to blue world and they are awesome.... was hopin along the lines of things a little more price friendly and of course to make new friends in my new hobby.....

Thanks for the reply it is appreciated.....:mrgreen:

dawen
09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
marineaquaria has rose anemones