PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish hiding during day

likwid
09-26-2009, 11:11 PM
I have had my cinnamon clownfish for over a year now, and for the last few months he seems to just hide out under the rocks in a little "cave" when the lights are on. When the lights are off, he just stays in his anemone.

Any reason why he just hides out during the day and won't play around in his anemone like he used to? He would swim around in the tank all the time before too, but now he just stays put in the cave.

edikpok
10-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Maybe stray electric shocks? Try to look for exposed cables maybe?

Stevey87
10-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I have two small tanks and in one tank I had Ocellaris and Green Chromis. I put the Ocellaris Clownfish in another tank and ever since that, the Green Chromis won't come out because it's scared of the fact that I might catch it or just scared because some fish disappeared... It didn't come out for a week until I got Tomato Clownfish. Ever since I got Tomatos, they are out of the rocks but still a little aware of me. I'm assuming they are out more now because the tomatos are out and helps the Green Chromis feel safer. It could be that you did something to scare them big time if they used to be out before.