PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a rough night yesterday- Evil King angel!

fishoholic
09-26-2009, 06:10 AM
My king angel who has always been super mean has been ok with his tank mates for the most part. For some reason this week she suddenly decided she could no longer tolerate my Blue Ring angel. All week she's been picking on him and getting worse with her harassment day by day. Finally as of last night we were able to catch the blue ring and we re-homed him into Steve's Dad's tank. I didn't want to give up my Blue ring but I'm certain my king would of killed him eventually if we didn't :sad:

Anyway we get him into to Steve's Dad (Gordon's) tank, and the sailfin tang he has decides he doesn't like the blue ring either :sad: So we figure we'll take the sailfin and keep the peace in Gordon's tank. We get the sailfin home and we thought he'd be fine in the fowlr with the king angel because we figured since he wasn't an angelfish the king probably wouldn't bother him too much. Plus our reef tank has a sohal and a regal tang that don't like similar newbies in their tank. Unfortunately we thought wrong and the King made a bee line for the sailfin the second we got him into the tank, the sailfin was in the tank for less then 5 min.'s (before we pulled him back out) and the king managed to slice/take a chunk out of his top fin, and inflicted several bite marks to his body :eek: Thankfully we got him back out fast before any more damage was done. Gordon took the sailfin back to his tank and told me that the sailfin was still picking on the blue ring a bit this morning, but the blue ring found a spot to hide behind the rock, and things settled down. I'm hoping with time they will be fine with each other. I knew my king was aggressive but WOW I didn't think she was that bad.

So (on the lighter side of things) I am a fishoholic with only 6 fish in a 230g tank. These are approximate sizes and I tend to guess bigger, but my king is the biggest about 8", foxface 7", miniatus grouper 7", emperor angel (starting to change into adult colours) 6", lunare wrasse 5", and a bursa trigger 3". Maybe to some that's lots since they are or will be large fish, but to me it seems a bit empty.

BlueWorldAquatic
09-26-2009, 02:21 PM
One more fish? j/k

Glad you guys finally caught it, now Steve can relax a bit.

Ken