PDA

View Full Version : We made a video! Check it out!

Bayside Corals
09-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Here is a video of our current September livestock. If you have any questions please contact us!
We plan on making more videos in the future. So please if you have any comments, concerns, special requests or any feedback at all it would be greatly appreciated so we can improve our videos for the future!
Thank you,

Colby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExuMm-Nbbk

PuffLuv
09-25-2009, 07:48 PM
I think the videos are a great idea, especially if vendors are interested in selling to people outside of your store location. As far as this particular video is concerned, I would take a few shots of the side of the coral tank to cut down on the reflection of your very bright lights. Also, I personally would prefer you to narrate the video describing what we are seeing and maybe a little info (care requirements)about that particular animal, especially if its a little uncommon or hard to keep. Overall, very cool to see a vendor taking the time to make a video to share, and keep them coming Colby!:biggrin:

Ryan
09-25-2009, 08:09 PM
I think people can make their own decision and research. If your looking for a certain fish you will know what it looks like and spot it in the video. The lights weren't reflecting too bad and pictures through glass are not the true colors of the corals. The glass will distort the actual colors. Not to mention that tank looks pretty shallow and very deep. It would be near impossible to take side photos of pieces in the middle.

If your interested in a coral send him an email that says the time and a brief description of the piece. I am sure they will tell you what it is and the price if your interested.

leducreef
09-25-2009, 10:06 PM
now if you could get the web sit up to date that would be great lol so i can see what i want to buy lol

PuffLuv
09-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Ryan, of course people can make their own decisions and research, and they should. However, I think your assuming that everyone knows exactly what they want and what they are looking for...? From a sales perspective, I think most vendors would want to cater to all customers, even those who might need a little advice and a little bit of information. As far as taking video from the side, "a few shots" like I previously posted meant just that, a few shots, that's all. It's nice to get a relative size of things, and in some shots, the lights were quite reflective. When people post pictures or videos of their own tanks, it's usually not just from the top.

Ryan
09-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Eggcrate squares are 1/2" x 1/2" If you have questions take note of the time in the video and ask via PM. No sense in ruining a coral video with a bunch or reading instead of coral shots.

PuffLuv
09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Eggcrate squares are 1/2" x 1/2" If you have questions take note of the time in the video and ask via PM. No sense in ruining a coral video with a bunch or reading instead of coral shots.
LOL!:mrgreen: What ? Where are all these eqgcrate squares? Ruining a "coral video"? Colby sells more than just coral. Bunch of reading??

Ryan
09-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Sorry been watching a few video's today thought this one had eggcrate.