PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Tank

Devonious
09-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Does anyone know where i can find breeding clownfish?
Thanks
Devonious

viperfish
09-23-2009, 04:48 AM
I just had a pair of breeding Saddleback Clowns from J&L today, I think they have more. I'm starting to get worried, about an hour after putting them in I noticed a few spots on them. I hope they are strong enough to fight it. I should have put them in a QT but I have an Imperator Angel in there now. Anyway, no fault on J&L's part, they are beautiful fish. A couple of the nicest specimens I have seen and the way they have been rubbing into the Green Carpet no ich should stand a chance.

Devonious
09-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Unfortantly i live in calgary...

fragNplug
09-23-2009, 05:04 AM
I know redcoral had 2 breeding tomato clowns, very nice pair i must say almost came home with them the day they came into the store.
Check them out they are in the clam tank, with the giant carpet nem.
I think they are laying eggs every 11 or 12 days.
Happy fed clams.

viperfish
09-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Unfortantly i live in calgary...

I am in Medicine Hat. I have had plenty of livestock shipped from J&L and I have yet to be disappointed. They have excellent shipping rates as well.

Devonious
09-23-2009, 05:25 AM
I dont have a credit card.
Thanks fragNplug but i dont have a large enough tank for tomato clowns, my tank is 25 Gallons. Prefering true black and white clownfish please post if you do.

Myka
09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Just buy 2, and in 6 months they will be breeding. Clownfish are like that.

Devonious
09-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Does anyone know if feeding my clownfish fry Roti-Feast is the same as feeding them rotifers.
Also please contact me if you have any breeding clownfish.
Thanks,

Devonious

globaldesigns
09-25-2009, 04:07 AM
I know redcoral had 2 breeding tomato clowns, very nice pair i must say almost came home with them the day they came into the store.
Check them out they are in the clam tank, with the giant carpet nem.
I think they are laying eggs every 11 or 12 days.
Happy fed clams.

I was at Red Coral yesterday, they still have them... They are breeding every 12 days.

sharuq1
09-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Tagging along

Devonious
09-26-2009, 03:53 AM
Do you guys think i should put tomato clowns in a 25 gallon tank?
If yes there coming home with me. :D

sick lid
09-26-2009, 04:46 AM
plenty big enough for a breeding pair

Zoaelite
09-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Sorry, I work with Devonious and he accidentaly posted this on my account (as we sit next to each other). EDIT***
Levi

lobsterboy
09-26-2009, 04:46 PM
ok so whos buying these now ? devenious or zeoelite ?

Devonious
09-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Cinnamon Clown fish are utterly brilliant, :D

Today I went out and purchased a pair of breeding Cinnamon Clowns. The female was around 4 inch, the male at 2.

Tank Set Up..
25 gallon, 2 rose pots, 2 pieces of branching live rock, 1 GBTA (2IN)

Right when i put the fish in the tank they started checking it out, About thirty minutes of adding my fish i added two pieces of branching rock on top of my pot. Five seconds later the female clown rips the rock down and pushes it to the other side right beside the anemone. She then decides to push the anemone on the branching rock, after the anemone stuck she then pushed it right beside her layer "the rose pot".

Now shes pushing all the sand away from the GTBA. The hilarious thing is that she is trying to host in the 2 inch GTBA. :D

It also seems like shes blowing on the GBTA and trying to keep it well aerated.