PDA

View Full Version : BioCube Ideas What Should This One Be For?

fraggalrock
09-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I Currenly have a 14 Gal BioCube Going Through its cycle,it wont be ready for anything for at least 6 to 8 Weeks but I would Like To get Some Ideas.Currently I have just live sand and live rock (transported in water)and a hitchhiker or two.I am running it without lights at the moment to cut down on alge.
Sherry :)

mseepman
09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
I've seen some crazy good looking zoa/paly nano tanks on Nano-reef. Given the low flow requirements and the lighting requirements on zoas, I'm surprised we haven't seen more tanks like this here on Canreef.

Just a suggestion though.

fraggalrock
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Thats a good idea,less work as well and Maybe just one Fish like a Yellow Box Fish I love the little horns on its head!

PuffLuv
09-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Yellow-horned cowfish (boxfish) get quite large, quite fast...

mseepman
09-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I recommend a goby / pistol combo...they are fun to watch together and you don't need to feed much so not too much poluting of the tank. I love to watch my pair in my nano.

fishoholic
09-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Thats a good idea,less work as well and Maybe just one Fish like a Yellow Box Fish I love the little horns on its head!

A yellow box fish needs a minimum of a 90g tank, and they also need pristine and stable water conditions. Ideally the tank should be set up for at least 6 months before adding one.

There are lots of small gobies or blenny's that would be more suitable for your tank size. I personally like clown gobies

Green clown goby
http://www.reefpedia.com/images/thumb/b/bb/GrnClwnGoby.jpg/300px-GrnClwnGoby.jpg

Yellow clown goby
http://coralswithmorrills.com/images/YellowClownGoby.jpg

Citron clown goby
http://www.reef-breeders.co.uk/assets/clown%20goby.jpg

mark
09-22-2009, 03:20 AM
I recommend a goby / pistol combo...they are fun to watch together and you don't need to feed much so not too much poluting of the tank. I love to watch my pair in my nano.

excellent suggestion

fraggalrock
09-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Ok no boxfish...but I am lovin the Look of that Clown Goby!!He is really neat looking :)

fishoholic
09-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Ok no boxfish...but I am lovin the Look of that Clown Goby!!He is really neat looking :)

I had a green clown goby once, they stay small and mine had a lot of personality. There is also a panda goby which is a bit rarer but pretty cool looking, however I couldn't find a very good pic. of one.

subman
09-22-2009, 04:13 AM
I had a green clown goby once, they stay small and mine had a lot of personality.

Kinda like you Laurie!.........Except not green:wink:

Ryan
09-22-2009, 05:45 AM
I have a Green Clown Goby and he is one of my favourite fish. Once you get to know them you quickly learn their favourite perch. Mine seemed to favour the Open brain until I added SPS now he can be found anywhere in the tank. He loves the SPS.

fishoholic
09-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Kinda like you Laurie!.........Except not green:wink:

:rofl2: :pound: You just made my day :lol: It's always nice to start off with a good laugh :biggrin: