PDA

View Full Version : major flatworm help needed.

karazy
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
here's the issue.

ive got flatworms.They are in my sump, fuge and main tank. Ive tried using flatworm exit twice. first time i put in the normal amount and turned on the carbon reactor in about 5 minutes.
i wake up and there are still some left. i decided after hearing some opinions that i didnt leave it in long enough or didnt add enough.
so the second time i try it i dose enough for my 40 gallon system, and wait half an hour. almost all die, but there are still some left. i siphon them out, but within ten minutes more appear.
so, half an hour after the first dose i for another 40 gallons. same result.
so, after an hour of starting dosing, i add another dose.
still some left. these fricken things are invincible. and ofcourse by the next day they are full tilt reproducing again.

so my question is, what can i do to completely kill every single flatworm?

fkshiu
09-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Velvet headshield nudi

Snaz
09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry for your woes.

My head keeps tracks of weird things and it is telling me that Alberta has far more issues with FW than the other provinces. Pandemic?

sharuq1
09-20-2009, 10:42 PM
You could try using levamisole. It worked on the club's nano tank along with an (accidental) big sudden swing in SG. Killed the snails and the mini brittles but also killed the FW's. Have not seen even a single one since. Here's a link to someone else's experience with it. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49062

fragNplug
09-20-2009, 10:51 PM
6 line wrasse.

karazy
09-20-2009, 11:04 PM
You could try using levamisole. It worked on the club's nano tank along with an (accidental) big sudden swing in SG. Killed the snails and the mini brittles but also killed the FW's. Have not seen even a single one since. Here's a link to someone else's experience with it. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49062

where did you get the levamisole?

and just a FYI, all i have are snails which i can set up a temp tank for, so im ready to try almost anything

JDigital
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM
where did you get the levamisole?

and just a FYI, all i have are snails which i can set up a temp tank for, so im ready to try almost anything

I've got a fair amount, if your willing to make the drive to the northwest.

sharuq1
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
I got it from the same killifish guy, link is on page two of the thread I posted.

JPotter
09-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Try your local vet.

Binare
09-21-2009, 12:40 AM
6 line wrasse.

Worked for me, never seen one since I got one.