PDA

View Full Version : Please help ID coral

NuraNori
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi,

I got this Blastomussa and it came with 2 others on it. There's the green guy on the bottom growing out of a brown mat and the brain type looking guy on the left. Just wondering if anyone knows what they are b/c I figure they're still small enough that I could break the rock apart. Then again would they hurt each other if I left them on the same rock? I realize they might be too small/young to tell.

Thanks so much!

ps: Sorry, that's the best my camera can do...

pps: I circled them in photoshop (on pic1)and named them 1 and 2, just to make it easier...

lobsterboy
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
looks like a green ric mushroom.

NuraNori
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
I don't think so...it's (#2) not "bubbly"...and it's got tentacles around the edge like zoos...but when you disturb it, it doesn't form a "closed bud" like zoos do, it kinda just rolls up the edges kind of like button polyps....but it doesn't have stalks like button polyps....hence why i have no idea what it is...

and I think #1 is a brain or open brain of some sort...

:question::question::question:

intarsiabox
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
#1 almost looks like a type of plate coral to me.

Devonious
10-22-2009, 11:38 PM
+2 on brian coral..

Myka
10-23-2009, 01:31 AM
#1 is a plate coral. When they are small they will sometimes attach to the rock like that.

#2 is probably a mushroom of some sort by the pic and the last description. Would need a closer pic for a better ID.