PDA

View Full Version : Fish Fighting

Steve-O-
09-19-2009, 11:44 PM
I bought a copperband 2 days ago and added him to my reef, Ever since i added him he has been picked on by the korean angel fish juv. So he has been in the top corner of my tank and only wonders around at night.
I hand feed him frozen food daily but he will never leave the corner because the other one bullies him. Now will this be like this forever?? If so i will have to find him a new home i have tryed the mirror trick the the angel just ignores it.

Lance
09-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Rearranging your rockwork sometimes helps with fish aggression.

Steve-O-
09-20-2009, 12:10 AM
hmm ok i will give that a shot see if it does anything. Thanks

Eb0la11
09-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Some fish just dont belong together too, though, and no matter what you do its just a bad situation. You might have this.

naesco
09-20-2009, 01:28 AM
I bought a copperband 2 days ago and added him to my reef, Ever since i added him he has been picked on by the korean angel fish juv. So he has been in the top corner of my tank and only wonders around at night.
I hand feed him frozen food daily but he will never leave the corner because the other one bullies him. Now will this be like this forever?? If so i will have to find him a new home i have tryed the mirror trick the the angel just ignores it.

Your copperband is pretty well doomed once she keeps in a corner and does not eat. She is totally stressed.
See if you can take it back to the LFS and trade her for something else.
At the best of times copperbands are difficult to keep anyway.

BTW, the koran angel fish and all but the dwarf angels require a very large tank (300 gallon). They grow large quickly and get stressed in small tanks

Steve-O-
09-20-2009, 10:34 AM
the copperband is eating well and surfs the reef then the lights go out but only in the day time it sits in the corner and when it leave its gets picked on. I do also know the korean will out grow my tank thats something i will have to deal with when he grows up.

marie
09-20-2009, 03:42 PM
My achilles tang kept my copperband in a corner for a week but the copperband was cheeky enough to swim out and threaten the tang every time the tangs back was turned.
I second the rock rearranging or you could try and catch the angel and keep it contained for a couple of days until the copperband establishes himself

Steve-O-
09-23-2009, 03:17 AM
well i moved my rock work but the angel didn't care kep the copperband in his corner. I put the copperband in my smaller 20g for now since he is still real small. When it grows a bit i will retry or get rid of the angel early.