PDA

View Full Version : "I Want My Garage Back Before Winter Sale"-Barrie,

cavediver
08-12-2003, 12:56 AM
Hey guys, It’s been a while. I’ve been lurking around the boards a bit, nice to see some new people enjoying the Hobby.

Lets call this the “I want my Garage Back Before Winter Sale”

I will be cross posting a copy of this message across the boards that I frequently visit, so, if you think you’ve read this before, you’re probably right!!
I have for sale the following aquarium components. I’m listing an asking price, but all reasonable offers will be entertained. I can e-mail pictures, now that I have got a digital camera, on request.

1. 180G Drilled & Plumbed Reef tank. - The work was done by a commercial operation, and looks professional, with twin black overflows and bulkheads/plumbing installed. It is in excellent shape. Paid $1200.

2. 180G Tank Stand. - Made with 4X4’s and 2X4’s. Covered with ¾” Oak veneer plywood, and stained with a red oak stain. It has 4 lower doors that open to two large access areas under the tank. The inside of the stand is painted with high gloss white paint. ALSO, -Matching canopy for the stand - Also built of Oak, Has a three sectional top with separate hinges for each section. Has 6 Large fans installed, turns out I never ran more that one or two at a time. But the other four were wired up redundantly, kicking in if the temperature exceeded a preset value.

3. Metal Halide Lighting System – 3X400W MH lighting system installed in the above canopy. Comes with 2 X 400W, 10000K Bulbs and 1 X 400W 6,500K Bulb (Or was it the other way around??..Oh well). The ballasts are remote mounted with a quick disconnect cable that is easily removed from the bulb for whatever the reason may be.

4. Areofoamer 830 Skimmer – This is a prof built duplicate of the Areofoamer 830 skimmer. It’s a quick cleaning unit; you can access the Beckett unit in seconds. Read up on these, you will be impressed. It is in mint condition. Asking $500

I really want to sell the tank/stand/canopy/lighting together as a package. Like I mentioned, I really just want my garage back!!!

I also have a couple of boxes of odds and ends. Stuff that reef keepers need, Additives, Nets, Hydrometers, Lights, Test Kits, etc, etc. Most of this stuff will be given away to the person who comes and rescues my garage!

That’s all for now, thanks to those who have helped me eliminate some of the pile that I’ve lugged to my new place.

John

P.S. I’m still on the road for -weeks- sometimes, if I don’t respond to your e-mail right away, please be patient. I do try to check my e-mail remotely as often as possible.

LostMind
08-12-2003, 04:04 AM
Where are you located?

cavediver
08-12-2003, 04:08 AM
Sorry, it got clipped off of the title.

I'm in Barrie, Ontario....About 45 mins north of Toronto.

John

Perodogo
08-13-2003, 06:11 AM
Do you have a pic of the aerofoamer look-alike in action? Would you be willing to ship and would you consider selling it for a lower price??

Thanks.
:question:

cavediver
08-13-2003, 06:16 AM
Hey there,
I have never installed my skimmer. It has been leak tested but that is all.

I am firm on my price.

I will try to send you some pictures via e-mail

Thanks,
John

Skimmerking
08-13-2003, 12:28 PM
:smile:
Well i will agree with John on his equiptment , its; in very good condition of what i have bought from him ,if his skimmer is in any condition like the RO/DI i bought off him .it's very well taken care off.

QUICK question john how often did you change the pre filters in the ro unit ,just wondering about the DI cartridge.
What color should it be..

Mike

P>S thanks again

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Troy F
08-13-2003, 03:37 PM
That's a great price on the skimmer, I wish I needed one.

Perodogo
08-13-2003, 06:35 PM
I agree that the price on the skimmer is good, if it's the original one (MOPS has the original 830 listed for $1000). When you say it's professionally built, you mean that it wasn't put together by a really handy do-it-yourselfer, right? I'm still interested if you can confirm that it's not a DIY project. Any chance you can hook it up to see it in action? I've gone through a couple of protein skimmers that don't work very well so I'm a little reluctant to spend $500 without knowing how well the unit works. I need a good one for my 500 gal.

Please send pics to this email address: ricoespiritu@shaw.ca

Thanks

cavediver
08-26-2003, 10:16 PM
-Bump-

All items are still availiable