PDA

View Full Version : RSM130 Seahorse Tank

ponokareefer
09-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Back at the start of June, a bought a RSM130 from a fellow canreefer, and set it up. Later that month, I transfered the inhabitants of my 8 gallon nano into the RMS, a True Perc Clownfish, and a goby/pistol pair. The tank is now fully cycled, so I'll be looking at getting a pair of seahorses soon. I had a couple of questions for seahorse owners/guru's though.
1. I have red flat worms in the tank. I personally don't mind them as they add a really bright color to the tank. I have researched and found out that there is a product called Flat Worm Exit to get rid of them, although it may have an adverse effect on invertebrates. Is there any issue to having the flat worms in a seahorse tank and would seahorses possibly eat them?
2. I am getting a few tiny bubbles from the skimmer, and from what I understand, you shouldn't have any bubbles in the system at all or there is a risk the males seahorses pouch may fill with the air. I have tried putting additional filter material between the skimmer and pumps that go into the tank, with little success. Does anyone with a RSM know how to get rid of these air bubbles, and if not, would it be best just not to run the skimmer at all? There isn't very many bubbles, but I don't want to risk the seahorses though.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
I usually keep a leopard (or this time, an ornate) wrasse in my seahorse tank to chow down on the flatworms.

I would definitely try to eliminate the microbubbles. As you've already researched, microbubbles and seahorses should not mix.

Anthony