PDA

View Full Version : There be a killer in these here waters

Gizmo
09-16-2009, 07:42 PM
So I lost a black perc about a week ago. Never found the carcass. I though it was one of those things where you buy a new fish, sometimes they just don't make it. But yesterday I lost my royal gramma. That carcass I found, half there with barely any color. And this morning my regal has a nip out of its tail. I'm starting to think I have a rouge mantis, but when I feed, nothing comes flying out of the rocks for food like the last one I had 6 years ago (different tank) Is there any way of finding one if it exists? - thx

Phanman
09-16-2009, 07:48 PM
try a flashlight at night or make a trap with some food in it. Hopefully you get lucky and it goes for the food in the trap at night.

u hear any clicking at night?

Gizmo
09-16-2009, 07:57 PM
try a flashlight at night or make a trap with some food in it. Hopefully you get lucky and it goes for the food in the trap at night.

u hear any clicking at night?
I haven't heard clicking, the tank is downstairs. But I'll try the flashlight idea tonight. thx

Haloreef
09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Try a flashlight with a red bulb. Most critters have a hard time seeing red spectrum light. I use it to hunt crabs in my tank, works great!