PDA

View Full Version : toadstool coral wont open :(

burtonpj48
09-15-2009, 11:57 PM
hello, for the past few days now my toadstool coral is not opening, i was wondering what i could do, to try and make it open. Or is the coral going to die. any advice would be good thanks.

Carmen
09-16-2009, 12:12 AM
They frequently go through a type of "shed". They will look terrible and shrunken for a few day then begin to shed their outer skin. Not a big deal - mine is incredibly huge and healthy and still sheds occassionally.

subman
09-16-2009, 12:36 AM
yeppers all leathers shed and look awful just before I'm sure it's fine.

nanmer
09-16-2009, 12:44 AM
My toadstool is doing the exact same thing right now. It looks waxy and pale. Is is a normal process and mine is just starting to come out of it today. I guess it has been a week almost two weeks since it started pouting. I also noticed that the tiny toadstool that I have also was doing the same thing. The color has almost returned but is still blotchy

i have crabs
09-16-2009, 02:15 AM
everyone always writes it off as a "shed" but ill say it again anyway, are you using phosguard to remove phosphates? if so thats the problem, if not its probably fine

Flucker
09-16-2009, 03:16 AM
Mine is doing GREAT and its green!! :D

aquajeep
09-16-2009, 03:54 AM
mine dose do the shed time to time then i started to work outa town got home once a week and both the 2 last times my skimmer pump stoped working.3rd week motor fryed and my toadstool still hasent sprouted its thingys for 3 weeks now.i gave the frag i had to my friend and its doing better than mine now :-(