PDA

View Full Version : Best RO?DI unit in Calgary for the price

my2rotties
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
I need a new RO?DI unit and am trying to do it for as cheaply as possible. Anyone know where the best deals are out there for the best unit by any chance? I found one at one store for $369 for a 75 a day unit, but think I can do better. Any insight? I have very high iron levels in my well water so it has to be really good. Can you PM places that have them if they are not sponsors, thanks in advance and hope you all had a good summer...:biggrin:

ILIKECOUGARS
09-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Check out Red Coral. I pick one up from them very happy with it.

my2rotties
09-14-2009, 05:31 PM
My best Canreef buddy mentioned this unit to me... so you are very happy with it then? Glad to hear, since the price is really AWESOME on it. Did you order it online or did you just go in store to buy it? I see you live in Edmonton. Thanks for the reply:biggrin:

Check out Red Coral. I pick one up from them very happy with it.

ILIKECOUGARS
09-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Was there for the month of June. Wife was getting treatments at Tom Baker Cancer Centre. Pick it up on the second visit at the store, before heading back to Edmonton.

my2rotties
09-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear you were out in these parts so such a negative thing... how is your wife?

Was there for the month of June. Wife was getting treatments at Tom Baker Cancer Centre. Pick it up on the second visit at the store, before heading back to Edmonton.

intarsiabox
09-15-2009, 01:27 AM
For $369 I would look at the 100GPD Vertex model at JL Aquatics. Has a TDS meter built in, pressure gauge and booster pump that is supposed to give you 1:1 effeciency. It would be free shipping as well! I wanted one myself but the wife says I have to live with my Kent model for now.:sad:

findingnemo1
09-15-2009, 01:49 AM
I have the one from Red Coral and its awsome:) I have had it for 4-5 months now and i just changed the DI on it this past weekend. There is a built in pressure booster that is keeping it at a steady 90 so i fill a 5 gallon jug in an hour....
love it:)

my2rotties
09-15-2009, 02:02 AM
I think for $200 the one from RC wins hands down. I will have to find out the availability on them, since it is a much needed item. Thanks for all the tips!

How much are replacement filters, and are they readily available as well?

intarsiabox
09-15-2009, 02:45 AM
If the one at RC isn't what you want check out Bulk Reef Supply for cheap 5 stage RO/DI units with auto shut off ($160). They ship by USPS as well so no brokerage fees.

RuGlu6
09-15-2009, 02:55 AM
Got my 100gpd unit on ebay for $120 delivered , works good and keeps water at o ppm

Coleus
09-16-2009, 04:07 AM
Auto shut off is nice, i have aqua fx unit and no auto shut off
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES (http://accesoriesipad.com/)