AJ_77
08-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Meet Clark (he's still a little shy):

http://members.shaw.ca/AJ_77/A.clarkii_013_med.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/AJ_77/A.clarkii_033_med.jpg

:biggrin:

Quinn
08-11-2003, 03:05 AM
Wow, that carpet has really changed colours in your tank, or is that just the photo? Nice clown.

Canadian Man
08-11-2003, 03:18 AM
AWWWW! Looks all cuddly!
Very gorgeous :cool:

AJ_77
08-11-2003, 03:39 AM
Wow, that carpet has really changed colours in your tank, or is that just the photo? Nice clown.
The first pic is more accurate - the second one came out a little pinkish with Auto Levels.

What did it look like before? Greener?

Canadian Man
08-11-2003, 03:57 AM
The first pic is more accurate - the second one came out a little pinkish with Auto Levels.

What did it look like before? Greener?

yes, more green
Are you still running the PC or do you have the halide going?

AJ_77
08-11-2003, 04:24 AM
Halide's comin'. PC for now...

Quinn
08-11-2003, 04:29 AM
Yup, used to be mundo-green. Still looks very pretty though. I'd like to see one of those blue carpets someday.

AJ_77
08-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Hmm. this is the pic I posted on its first day with me:

http://members.shaw.ca/AJ_77/haddoni_close.jpg

So much different? Lighting change from Tony's/looks different?

You guys got me going now, but it can eat like a pig, so I'm not worried - plus there will be new lighting soon (thanks Ross!)

And it has a new friend! The clown was bringing big mysis shrimps to a piece of PVC tubing at the LFS... pretty hilarious.

Quinn
08-11-2003, 04:51 AM
Might just be the lighting. The second photo looks right.

EmilyB
08-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Superclown ! :mrgreen:

Canadian Man
08-11-2003, 06:01 AM
I think also that the close up pic show's more of the pink in the bottom part of the tenticles. now comparing those pics they look somewhat similar. IMO I think it has changed slightly which is no big deal it just a harmless observation.

Delphinus
08-11-2003, 05:00 PM
remember that colour is sometimes used as a means to reflect away unneeded light wavelengths to prevent over saturation of UV (or something like that). Also I've found that in general, closeups of anemones tend to show off the underlying colours more, somehow, so indeed more of the pink/purple is coming though. I found that my pictures of that green carpet were the same thing (more or less). Same with that banana yellow thing in my 72g -- when I look at it all I see is yellow. When I look at a picture of it I'm like "... where did the yellow go?" It's part of the reason I don't show off pictures of the tanks ... I can't get the colours to show in pictures anywhere near what they look like "in person." I don't know if it's a case of the colour balance being off in the camera thereby making the pictures "off" .. or whether the camera is in fact "telling the truth" and just subjectively/psychologically the eyes are just seeing what they want to see when seeing it in person. I dunno..

Bob I
08-11-2003, 08:09 PM
On my new 17" LCD monitor it looks very close in color the way I remember it when it was at Tony's :biggrin: