PDA

View Full Version : Help with Salifert Ca Test

Oscar
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I seem to have lost the long green tip on the smaller syringe.

Would somebody be kind enough to test their syringe with and without the green tip and tell me what volume the tip holds?

Thanks, Grant

mark
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
don't think it makes a difference as with or without the tip for the chart since with the tip you're drawing air anyways for the first bit.

mseepman
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I still think it does matter. That tip gets some fluid and if you're trying to get a decent measurement then you need it.

Grant, I'm not home for a few days but if I get back and no-one has helped you out, I will do my best to give you the info you need. Hopefully someone else will kick in before then.

Do you have any other Salifert test kits? They all use the same tip.

Gizmo
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I lost mine too a kit ago, all the tip allows for is a greater drop accuracy. Try and create a "half" drop off the end of the syringe, then shake it off. That should give you closer accuracy than a full syringe drop.

mark
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
.18 cc to the tip.

As a test, with the tip, pulled up to the 1.0 zero mark then, pushed out to the 0.5 mark into a container. Then without the tip pulled up until container empty, was on the 0.5 line.

whatcaneyedo
09-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I lost mine too a kit ago, all the tip allows for is a greater drop accuracy. Try and create a "half" drop off the end of the syringe, then shake it off. That should give you closer accuracy than a full syringe drop.

+1 for better accuracy. When I compared a Salifert Ca test kit with an Elos it measured 40ppm lower so I dont know if you're getting an accurate reading anyways.

Oscar
09-13-2009, 05:59 PM
.18 cc to the tip.

As a test, with the tip, pulled up to the 1.0 zero mark then, pushed out to the 0.5 mark into a container. Then without the tip pulled up until container empty, was on the 0.5 line.

Thanks Mark