PDA

View Full Version : kenya tree frag in vase

torrid_07
09-09-2009, 04:45 AM
hey, so my kenya tree has started to drop little pieces of its self all over so i grabbed a little frag and glued it to a shell. i put it in a jar with some sw and some phyto and stuck it under a light. has anyone ever done this before? i hope this little frag will grow quick under constant light but water flow will be basically me stirring the water and blowing oxygen air in with a straw every now and then. then probably going to change the water with fresh sw once a day. any opinions? or advice?

torrid_07
09-09-2009, 05:01 AM
im excited! bump

biocuber
09-09-2009, 05:08 AM
What about putting the vase in your tank? I once had a frogspawn frag that seemed unhappy in my tank due to excessive current. I put the frag in a 2L coke bottle with the top cut off and placed the bottle in my tank. The frogspawn thrived in there until I was able to move it to another tank with less current.

torrid_07
09-09-2009, 05:34 AM
hey thanks for the great idea il have to try that with another little frag that i can gather. for now the one i have in the vase seems like its stretching out for the light like it should be. all healthy and alive. pretty damn cool thats for sure

no_bs
09-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Do you not have a refuge that you could put it in to, or are you conducting an experiment?

argan
09-09-2009, 05:54 AM
following:fadein:

torrid_07
09-09-2009, 06:03 AM
no i dont have a refuge, just a canister set up. but yes, this is a little experiment im trying. see if this little frag will grow in minimal conditions ( just light and some extra food) barely any flow and just by itself. ive got one glued to a LR in my tank that is about the same size as the frag i glued to a shell in my vase. im going to see if they grow the same rate or which one will grow faster

bigfish
09-09-2009, 07:03 AM
i to have my frogspawn in a jar, but a handblown glass jar i made. Any on out there wants something custom for there fish tank im open to ideas.

megs_clark
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi, this is a neat idea, what kind of light do you have it under? And could you put in one of those tiny blue air stones with a small pump on low for the water circulation?

torrid_07
09-10-2009, 01:56 AM
hey i have the frags sitting under a 100w hallogen bulb
the only down fall to this light is it gets quite hot im thinking im going to change it to something different. and the airstone w a pump sounds like a great idea! il have to give it a try

sharuq1
09-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Something like this?:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lhEeOCpao