PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Marin's Pro Coral Cure

michika
09-08-2009, 09:31 PM
White shirts + pro coral cure = disaster!

How do you clean this stuff up? Or how would you go about cleaning this stuff up off multiple cloth surfaces; cotton t-shirts, and cotton terry towels?

christyf5
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
yikes! best way is to get yourself a boatload of isopropyl alcohol, they sell it at pharmacies. Pour it onto the stain until its gone. I work with iodine sometimes and do this if I get any on me.

Alternatively google "how to get iodine out of clothes" :biggrin:

Oceanic
09-08-2009, 11:20 PM
White shirts + pro coral cure = disaster!

How do you clean this stuff up? Or how would you go about cleaning this stuff up off multiple cloth surfaces; cotton t-shirts, and cotton terry towels?

Yeah I hate that stuff, every bottle I have purchased the pump has ended up failing. Just use REVIVE dip, it works better for a broader spectrum of pests anyway.

michika
09-09-2009, 01:16 PM
My T-shirt is definitely ruined beyond help, so I tossed it and I'll try isopropyl alcohol trick on the towel. If not it becomes a fish towel.

I do use Revive, and I like it as a pest erradicator/qt procedure. However I also really like Pro Coral Cure, I find that SPS dipped in it as part of a QT procedure brighten up quicker and display better polyp extention within the first week. I also really like it as a dip when the coral doesn't look so hot, or I suspect may be in the stage just prior to RTN or STN starting.

You're right about the bottles though. I wish they'd come up with better packaging. I've had one bottle dry up on me, another leak all over due to seam failure, and then I have this one where the pumping nozzle sprays ALL over!

christyf5
09-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I find the iodine tends to get really thick over time so I just run the nozzle under hot water first to loosen it up. That being said, I also have a giant syringe that I use instead of the pump. That pump is a great idea but not very functional after the first use.

michika
09-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I had intentions to just dump out the tropic marin bottle, and put it somewhere else where it would be less likely to destroy clothing.