PDA

View Full Version : Oops, Not needed, but thanks everyone-LF a 20g, help please

fishoholic
09-07-2009, 10:21 PM
My Boss just called me from work, seems like our 30g fresh water tank is leaking. The stand it's on is better suited for a 20g so if anyone has a free or very very cheep 20g available please let me know asap.

I work at a non-profit daycare center and the kids love looking at the fish, however my boss says there is no money to buy a new tank with. I don't mind buying the tank for work but as it will have to come out of my own pocket, I don't have much money to spend on one.

noirsphynx
09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
I have a 20g you're welcome to have the only problem is that I'm not back in to the city until Wednesday. If you can wait until then I'll bring it in.

subman
09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I have a 33 you can have Laurie.

fishoholic
09-07-2009, 11:37 PM
First off thank-you Dawn and Jason, you guys rock!

I went to work and it seems like the leak was coming from a clogged up filter :redface: I gave the filter a good cleaning and I'm hoping that was all it was. However I when I go to work tomorrow I will see if there is any more leaking happening. Jason I will keep you in mind if it is the tank leaking and it wasn't just from a dirty filter backing up.

Thanks again guys and I will update this tomorrow morning.

bignose
09-08-2009, 02:41 AM
I have a 15G tank you can have.

BlueWorldAquatic
09-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Laurie,

Anything you need for them, just ask. I have various tanks and pumps in storage that I can make avaliable to you.

Non-Profit = freebee stuff from Blue World :lol:

Ken

noirsphynx
09-08-2009, 03:55 AM
If you do need it let me know and I can bring it in to the city Wed. or my husband has to be on the north end tomorrow afternoon. It's only been used for fresh water and only for about 6 months.

fishoholic
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
:redface: Sorry guys I've been really busy and I forgot to update this thread.

So when I got to work on Tuesday the tank was fine (no leaks) and it seems we've fixed the filter. I had relpaced some of the filter media last Thursday but I didn't have time to clean the filter out. The media I replaced I didn't put in the filter properly and I accidently ended up plugging up the filter causing it to back up and flood water onto the floor :redface::redface::redface:

Thanks everyone so much for your willingness to help though, if the tank was leaking it's good to know I can find help though wonderful canreef members :biggrin: