PDA

View Full Version : Disaster With My Red Sa Max :( I Feel Like iving Up :(

fraggalrock
09-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Today started out great had a great chat with Anthony (Seahorse_fanatic) and then a trip to King Ed pets for supplies and great instructions from Doug on how to do the cords.Then I visited Anthony picked up some cool shrimps and went home to set up.Well when I tested the back chambers for leaks (I bought used RSM) no leaks so I filled the front of the tank and I have a leak somewhere in the tank I guess leaking through where the electrical would be.It must be leaking from the back panel into th back chamber,their was only about 10 gal of water in it. I guess Im screwed because I dont know how to fix this and feel so defeated right now :(

sharuq1
09-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Aw that sucks, so sorry to hear you are having this kind of trouble starting out. Is there any way you could empty the tank out, dry it off and reseal the back wall?

Binare
09-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Did you only fill the back chambers? Anytime I've filled an 'all in one' I tried to equalize the front and back chambers. I'm not familiar with the rsm but I'm guessin it to is a cheap piece of plastic siliconed in and not designed to hold any pressure. Can you take pics of where you think its leaking? What do you mean leaking through the electrical? If you did only fill the back chamber, is it as high as the return into the display?

subman
09-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Don't give up believe me it's worth it in the end! We are all here to help! Post some pics of where it's leaking

Midknight
09-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Yes, a small leak is easily fixed if it is just the seams.
Get some pics and someone will give you a hand.

subman
09-07-2009, 03:18 AM
You may also want to contact red sea and check if it's under warranty. I had a light problem and Pinky took care of it asap.

Eb0la11
09-07-2009, 07:16 AM
A red sea max is a "plug and play" aquarium. Thats something that you cant really believe to exist. You couldnt have actually thought you'd have a reef a couple days after buying this tank? Its gonna take some work. This is problem #1 and you'll be a better aquarist once you solve it. Good luck!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-07-2009, 07:28 AM
She came by a couple of hours ago & picked up a new in box Red Sea Max tank (only) so now she's probably deep into setting up her new tank at home.:wink:

Anthony

fraggalrock
09-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Anthony Saw my Post and called me,Thank you Anthony you are the best!! an oh so patient! he waited up while I drove out to pick up a replacement tank! brand new! did the tank swap an set up no problem! the water is still a bit milky but im sure will clear in a few hours.I feel so much better not having to worry about a leak so close to the cords.After having freshwater for so many years this Max is my first Reef so I am excited. I want to say I am so thrilled to have found all you guys and your support is amazing!!!http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w187/starscreams/DSC03503.jpg

Leah
09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Tank looks huge, it is so much fun you will love it and hate it at times!!!!
Anthony that was so nice of you to rescue fraggalrock what a great guy, he sure seems to put a huge effort into helping others. Nice to see. Can't wait to see more fraggal.
Good luck keep us updated.

icecool217
09-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Such a beautiful tank! Don't get discouraged that easily. You'd be amazed of the end results :)

fraggalrock
09-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Tank looks huge, it is so much fun you will love it and hate it at times!!!!
Anthony that was so nice of you to rescue fraggalrock what a great guy, he sure seems to put a huge effort into helping others. Nice to see. Can't wait to see more fraggal.
Good luck keep us updated.

Yes Leah,

So Helpul and patient! A true gem to have on here and his tanks will take your breath away! Im in love with his wifes pufferfish and how it eats dry shrimp is very neat it smacks its fish lips lol.So I need a refractometer now to start testing my water,I will look for one of those today.

sharuq1
09-07-2009, 06:19 PM
That's fantastic! Keep us in the loop with lots of pictures of your new setup.:biggrin: