PDA

View Full Version : Vent.

Zoaelite
09-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I Spent $49.95 for an absolutly stunning RBTA from golds yesterday and I woke up to a shreaded stump this morning (Had to clean it out of my powerhead). This is the second time this has happened, is this usual?
Levi

lastlight
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM
I know it happened with my only attempt at keeping one. I'd love to hae another one day but I'll have even more flow/powerheads this time so I'm not sure.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Quite common. $50 for a stunning RBTA is an extremely good price (if it lives).

Most anemones will move around when they are first introduced into a tank. What I find helps is to stick the anemone into a prepared place that has a crack or crevasse where it can anchor its foot right away. If it doesn't like where you put it, it WILL move around.

Got a Magnifica from cprowler a few months ago, but I place the rock right under my MH & its gets the best flow & lighting, so it has never moved.

Anthony

lastlight
09-06-2009, 08:57 PM
What's the general consensus on best flow? Does that meant the most flow or the most varied or what?

fkshiu
09-06-2009, 09:06 PM
What's the general consensus on best flow? Does that meant the most flow or the most varied or what?

Hard to say. Not direct, but enough to keep it flowing around - sort of like what euphyllia corals like. But it's also a combination with lighting and if it's foot feels comfortable (usually if it's nice and wedged in somewhere). It's very tricky.

Zoaelite
09-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Should I have turned the power heads off for a day or two while he finds a spot? Or will he just move again when I turn them on?
Levi

fkshiu
09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Should I have turned the power heads off for a day or two while he finds a spot? Or will he just move again when I turn them on?
Levi

Yep. Every little shift in flow will **** them off. They're very sensitive.

hummer
09-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Yup happened to me too the first time I bought a GBTA. The second time I bought one I redid my rock work a bit to minimize the flow to it. Then wrapped that black filter foam around the power head. Once the BTA seemed happy I removed the foam and kept an eye on it for the first few days.