PDA

View Full Version : GSP and SPS Help

plutoniumJoe
09-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I have some GSP that is growing out of controll. It started to encrouch on one of my favorite purple SPS. I decided last night to move the SPS and noticed considerable bleaching on the side close to the GSP. I moved it to a higher flow area and noticed considerable RTN/STN this morning with the whole base white and moving up the stalks.

Could GSP be the initial cause, should I frag what still has color, is it ever reversable.

Any help appreciated.

Joe.

mark
09-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I had went years with GSP touching SPS and no problems other than the GSP would try to grow over. Last little while noting SPS die off just along the borders only but doesn't seem to move up. Might be that you are getting RTN from the GSP but know from experience it can happen even without GSP being close to a SPS colony.

As for RTN/STN, fragging does seem what's often done to save the colony.

Flucker
09-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I would just incase you don't want to loss your whole GSP, I personally wouldn't trust it just growing back.

plutoniumJoe
09-06-2009, 08:39 PM
It is not the GSP that I am worried about, it is doing more then fine, I couldn't kill it if I tried and I have tried. The SPS is what is suffering.

Joe

Snaz
09-09-2009, 03:15 AM
I brought a candy cane home and didn't glue it properly and it fell over into some GSP during the night. It took 3 weeks for the burned part of the candy to even begin to grow back.

fkshiu
09-09-2009, 04:20 AM
It is not the GSP that I am worried about, it is doing more then fine, I couldn't kill it if I tried and I have tried. The SPS is what is suffering.

Joe

Sorry dude for selling you the cockroach of the aquarium world. ;)

As for the SPS, it should recover once the GSP stops touching it. But being the divas they are, if you do still see the SPS going down hill, then frag the best remaining bits and re-mount.