PDA

View Full Version : tank drilling

bigfish
09-06-2009, 10:20 AM
where a good place in vancouver to get drill bits. and do i need the hole to be larger than return line to make room for the fitting.

fkshiu
09-06-2009, 04:55 PM
You can get them at both Lee Valley and Summit Tools.

Buy the bulkhead first and it will tell you what sized hole you need to make it fit.

intarsiabox
09-06-2009, 05:05 PM
If you go onto the Bulk Reef Supply web site under hte plumbing section they have glass cutting bits. If you click on one (say 45mm for 1" BH) it will tell you what size bulkhead it cuts for and there is also a video demonstrating how to drill the holes.

megs_clark
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi. I ordered mine from Ebay just the other day. For a one inch bulk head on the Jl aquatics site it said you need a 1 3/4inch hole, which = 45mm so on ebay i googles diamond drill 45mm and lots came up. If you scroll down theirs a set for $12, it comes with 2 different sizes, a 45mm (perfect for one inch) and 38mm and 28mm, with shipping it came to $20 Canadian with shipping, and it came within a few days, they worked great, its called thk Diamond tools, just thought id mention it, ps when calling stored some placed call them whole saws and some people call them drill bits, seemed to make a big difference depending who i called