PDA

View Full Version : What should I feed my CUC?

Eb0la11
09-05-2009, 11:38 PM
This is what I've got so far for my CUC:

2x Nassarius Snails
4x Blue Legged Hermits
2x Peppermint Shrimp
2x Brittle Starfish

Do they all eat algae? I only have freshwater food right now. Cichlid Flakes, some pellets and then I also have some frozen Brine Shrimp, should I put in some frozen brine shrimp or should I go buy some saltwater food?

Thanks.

Skimmerking
09-05-2009, 11:45 PM
well what you have there peppermint shrimp will eat aptasia
the brittle stars will eat drap off the sand bed or bare bottom.
you said you have a cuc i am guessing that you have a sea cucumber if so you sdont need to feed it will filter your sand for you if you have any....

spirlina flake s are great for the tank for what ever fish you have in there. pellets are good too not to many only a couple to pilot to see if they go after them.

Eb0la11
09-05-2009, 11:58 PM
sorry my CUC meant Clean up crew, acronym. Thanks though for the response! I wonder if I have any aiptasia for my peppermints to eat, hmmmm. I have some white miniature tree like corals growing, very small, like the size of a dime.

Eyford01
09-06-2009, 04:29 AM
if you are worried about food for them and don't want to go out and buy stuff try feeding them some shrimp if you have any in the freezer, i used cooked salad shrimp for my CUC before i actually added fish and inverts that i needed to feed mysis to, just chop it up and drop it in everything should be happy with it

conix67
09-06-2009, 05:26 AM
If you have fish and feed the fish, the rest will just eat left overs and algae.. I don't feed CUC separately.. some brittle stars will need to be fed, but I wouldn't consider those CUC

fiorano
09-06-2009, 04:17 PM
i used to feed my cuc left over algae pellets from my freshwater tank before my tank was fuly established. that seemed to work. the hermit crabs just attack the things