PDA

View Full Version : Looking for macroalgae; Calgary

soapy
09-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Hello I am on the look out for different macroalgae types. I already have a cheato ball tumbling in the sump. If anyone has anything else and would care to part with a piece it would be much appreciated. Cash, trades and other considerations also possible. :-)

Carmen
09-06-2009, 02:11 AM
I have Red Macro Halimenia. If you want a pic I can get one for you. Can prob see it in my tank photos.

I'm in NW Calgary ValleyRidge area.

fragNplug
09-06-2009, 02:17 AM
I have some grape algae.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocar/3316293238/

fragNplug
09-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Im going to tag onto this thread too incase theres a chance of some new algae that i dont have comes along.
i also have some money plant.
http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=3&pid=1482&cid=284

soapy
09-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Hey thanks a lot for the replys. I am willing to try any plants in there.

Carmen that red Halmenia looks really nice I would love to try and grow some.

Hey Frag'nPlug I will try some grape too if you please.

I will fire you two some PMs and you can let me know your terms or whatever.

soapy
09-06-2009, 03:51 AM
I guess I should mention that my tank has been up and running for about 5 months now. It was started with a bucket of live sand and about 70 pounds of live rocks I got from Bronco who was breaking down his system to move. The rock came with Xenia, Kenya trees, Anthelia, blue clove polyps, palythoas, some nice rics and a crew of snails. All that went into the tank after it had been ripening for about a month, along with some other rock and sand. The display is 78 gallons and the sump is a 55. Total true water volume for the system is about 100 gallons I reckon. There is about 21 inches of fish in the tank.

If anyone wants any frags of anything let me know and I will do my best. But be warned my tank is pretty weedy. There are aptasias (ongoing battle), hydroids (I think?), vermetid worms, and probably every other known aquarium menace. In spite of that it is still fairly clean looking.