PDA

View Full Version : vinegar and pumps

fiorano
09-05-2009, 01:11 AM
so after i took back a tunze nanostream with a snapped shaft i was told i should run them in vinegar monthly to clean them well so this doesnt reoccur. i was wondering if i should do the same with my bk m180 red dragon pump? or is this not important. i thought id ask because i just took it apart and cleaned the pump about 2 months ago but didnt use a vinegar solution at all. does anyone know if i should clean the red dragon pump with vinegar as well? also when i was cleaning the pump a few months ago i couldn't get the bearing out and it says your supposed to be able to. so it never got cleaned. ahs anyone else had this issue? sorry for all of the questions haha

o.c.d.
09-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Basically the vinegar (and water)helps break down the calcification that can build up and be almost impossible to scrub off. So I clean anything with buildup using the vinegar, powerheads and pumps esp. I soak for 12 or so hrs then scrub, just like new. Impellers and the casing for the impellers are a must to clean this way, if you don't that build up will eventually wreck things.