PDA

View Full Version : OH NO!!! I hate when this happens...

globaldesigns
09-04-2009, 05:40 AM
I bought a McCloskers Wrasse about 1.5 months ago, been doing fine... Noticed he wasn't out last night, but I wasn't concerned as I had my hands in the tank so most likely he was hiding... However, today still no fishy.

I hope he is hiding, but I am not getting my hopes high. I don't seem to lose fish, but when I do they just disappear. I do sometimes hear clicking, so I most likely have a bad shrimpy... But I have never seen it, nor will I ever probably as I refuse to tear apart my tank.

If I do have a predator, why can't he take my cheap bicolor chromis, I wan't them to die, as I can't catch them, but they just stick around.

If anyone has a trick to catching mantis or pistol shrimp please let me know... My main tank is 180 gallons so I don't know how to approach this.

But again, I may not have the shrimp in the main tank, it may be in the refuge, as I can't seem to determine where the clicking is coming from and I may go a month or so without even hearing the clicking, but it has been happening for the past couple days.

Any ideas for capture will be greatly appreciated

Delphinus
09-04-2009, 05:47 AM
Wrasses are amazingly adept hiders when they don't want to be seen. I had a lubbock's wrasse that I had all but given up on when he finally decided he was comfortable enough to allow himself to be seen. I think it was around 3 months.

I also all but gave up on my sixline earlier this year and after two months caught a glimpse of him in the sump.

Now the only thing is that the flip side is that wrasses are notorious for jumping.

globaldesigns
09-04-2009, 05:55 AM
I also thought of that and have checked, no fish carcaus on the floor that I can see

hillegom
09-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Did you check the overflow?

globaldesigns
09-04-2009, 06:06 AM
yup that is one of the first things I did... not there either.