PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Poll Warning

ponokareefer
09-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I just wanted to give fellow canreefer's a heads up when you do vote in the vendor poll. The vendor's can see who votes for them, and if it is a bad vote, they may come after you, as the recent case I have had. Maybe the solution is to just avoid the vendor poll all together in the future so that I can avoid being harrassed to have my "incorrect vote" changed to a good vote.
At this point, it doesn't seem like a very good system.

mark
09-03-2009, 04:43 PM
think if I'm slamming a vendor in a public forum, it's reasonable the vendor sees who.

If it's true harassment like multiple e-mails, phone calls in the middle of the night, that's one thing, a friendly PM is an other.

ponokareefer
09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I definitely see the point of the vendor, that if you are going to give them a bad review, they would like to see who and try and resolve the issue in a friendly manner. But when they turn unfriendly when you refuse to change your vote, what then?

Fox
09-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I definitely see the point of the vendor, that if you are going to give them a bad review, they would like to see who and try and resolve the issue in a friendly manner. But when they turn unfriendly when you refuse to change your vote, what then?

I would disagree with you on this. Unless the poll specifies that the vendor will be able to contact you (and perhaps that is the solution; a disclaimer of sorts).

If you have a bad experience and you tell your friends, should the vendor you had issue with be able to contact you without your permission to settle it?

I think the vendor should only be given that opportunity if you approach them or if you knowingly give them or allow them to have your contact info. It is my opinion (:P) that people should be able to express their opinions without fear of reprisal.

Just my opinion :P

mark
09-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Well do see Nebthet's saga about Fragalot (here (http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=55186)) hasn't been shutdown so assuming posting correspondence between a vendor and member isn't outside the board rules.

Might want to post up how the vendor been harassing you.

shrimpchips
09-03-2009, 05:08 PM
That thread's existence probably has to do with the removal of that former Vendor from the forum.

aquatic_rice
09-03-2009, 05:11 PM
The whole point of the vendor pole is to let everyone else know how your transaction went with the vendor (I recently learned the true value of the poll :p). If things didnt go right and the customer feels unsatisfied its up to the vendor to rectify the situation (to a certain extend depending on the situation). Ive bin lucky and only have had 1 bad experience.

But its your opinion and nobody can make you change it.

If i have a bad transaction Ill talk to the vendor and see how he wants to handle things. If it wasnt handled well then ill say it straight up and my vote will reflect that.

Fox
09-03-2009, 05:21 PM
The whole point of the vendor pole is to let everyone else know how your transaction went with the vendor (I recently learned the true value of the poll :p). If things didnt go right and the customer feels unsatisfied its up to the vendor to rectify the situation (to a certain extend depending on the situation). Ive bin lucky and only have had 1 bad experience.

But its your opinion and nobody can make you change it.

If i have a bad transaction Ill talk to the vendor and see how he wants to handle things. If it wasnt handled well then ill say it straight up and my vote will reflect that.

Again, I have to disagree...The point of the poll (in my view) would be a general overview of the overall service over the course of the poll.

Only individual comments would allow everyone else to know about certain experiences, but the poll itself would be (and should be in my view) an anonymous voting system. At no time should anyone have access to how any one person votes (unless there is a disclaimer so).

Also, if the person who had the bad experience really wanted to resolve it, then they can choose to contact the vendor. If they don't want to resolve it, then why should the vendor have the right to contact them when its not something the consumer wants?

Again, just my opinion.

Snaz
09-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Only individual comments would allow everyone else to know about certain experiences, but the poll itself would be (and should be in my view) an anonymous voting system. At no time should anyone have access to how any one person votes (unless there is a disclaimer so).

I understand where your going here but I suspect the reason it is open is to prevent someone with a vendetta creating 5 random accounts and crashing a vendor's poll rating. Without the clarity it is easy to bring down or raise a vendor's rating by cheating.

ponokareefer
09-03-2009, 05:27 PM
"Also, if the person who had the bad experience really wanted to resolve it, then they can choose to contact the vendor."

This was what I attempted to do to start with, but after numerous e-mails and PM's, and 2 phone calls, I finally had had enough, and put a bad vendor rating. After I put the poor vendor rating, they then contacted me, after some more time had gone by. Otherwise, I don't think they would have even contacted me at all. And when they did contact me, they acted like I didn't even try to get a hold of them to resolve the issue before putting a poor vendor rating. Here is a copy of the PM I received, with names remove.

"I see that you gave xxx an unsatisfactory vendor poll. Was your vote a mistake? If so, you can have it changed. I just don't get it. I went out of the way to have this order packed up and delivered to your door. You even told me that you were happy with the order. Perhaps you should have discussed this with me before your posting. I would have appreciated knowing your problem here."

Fox
09-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I understand where your going here but I suspect the reason it is open is to prevent someone with a vendetta creating 5 random accounts and crashing a vendor's poll rating. Without the clarity it is easy to bring down or raise a vendor's rating by cheating.

Excellent point. I can't argue with that. Perhaps their is no solution that would please everyone.

"Also, if the person who had the bad experience really wanted to resolve it, then they can choose to contact the vendor."

This was what I attempted to do to start with, but after numerous e-mails and PM's, and 2 phone calls, I finally had had enough, and put a bad vendor rating. After I put the poor vendor rating, they then contacted me, after some more time had gone by. Otherwise, I don't think they would have even contacted me at all. And when they did contact me, they acted like I didn't even try to get a hold of them to resolve the issue before putting a poor vendor rating. Here is a copy of the PM I received, with names remove.

"I see that you gave xxx an unsatisfactory vendor poll. Was your vote a mistake? If so, you can have it changed. I just don't get it. I went out of the way to have this order packed up and delivered to your door. You even told me that you were happy with the order. Perhaps you should have discussed this with me before your posting. I would have appreciated knowing your problem here."

Maybe I am being nieve <Spell check says I have no idea how to spell that n-eye-eve is what I was going for...lol) but it sounds very odd to me...you emailed, pm'd and called them but it sounds (from the vendors pm) that this was the first they heard of an issue. If the Vendor sent you that pm, and you knew you contacted him and he knew you contacted him why would he play dumb about it.

Please don't think I am trying to take any sides on your issue, maybe its just semantics...just trying to understand...and maybe its not even my place and maybe this is getting off topic...in any case I hope it all works out ! No fun when your hobby turns into a conflict!

ponokareefer
09-03-2009, 05:55 PM
"Maybe I am being nieve <Spell check says I have no idea how to spell that n-eye-eve is what I was going for...lol) but it sounds very odd to me...you emailed, pm'd and called them but it sounds (from the vendors pm) that this was the first they heard of an issue. If the Vendor sent you that pm, and you knew you contacted him and he knew you contacted him why would he play dumb about it."

I don't know why he didn't think I contact him. This was my response to that e-mail.

"I called you twice, sent you numerous PM's and e-mails, and you didn't respond to my 2 issues. You completely ignored me. Would you have prefered I give you a very unsatisfied rating? Until you noticed that I gave you a poor rating, you wouldn't even respond to me. "

And then his response. He doesn't even acknowledge that he ignored me, and I don't know why.

"Ryan, I seldom look at the vendor ratings. So far you are the only one that has been unsatisfied. I just do not know why you would not discuss with me prior to doing this. I am not sure how I ignored you. Also, like I mentioned previously....I went out of my way for your order so you did not even have to pay for delivery to your door. Should that not account for anything? How about the quality of the order too? How about the freebies? Should these not be accounted for in your rating? If you wish to rethink your vendor rating and change accordingly, I would appreciate that. If you no longer wish to conduct business the us, I will remove you from our database."

This was my response to him then. All I wanted was a phone call, or a PM or e-mail returned to resolve the issue.

"If I had received any response then, like you are giving me now, we would have never had a problem. But you never responded to my e-mails or PM's to discuss the problem, and wouldn't discuss the issues on the phone. How am I supposed to discuss the problem with you if you won't respond to me? I don't wish to change my rating on canreef because my issue with the order had to do with your lack of communication with me. It's taken 2 months, and a poor vendor rating for you to even acknowledge me."

And this is his response to his lack of communication with me.

"Sorry for your lack of special attention. Consider yourself removed from our database."

He is saying he wants me to discuss issues with him before giving him a bad rating, but then apologizes for not giving me "special attention". What does he want?

wickedfrags
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Is it not good that vendors care about their Canreef online rating?

The fact that the vendor wanted to discuss the rating could be interpreted as a "value added" feature of the Canreef forum.

Not all feedback will be positive. Personally I am content with non-positive Canreef feedback if I know the circumstances under which it was left.

Fox
09-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Absolutely!

If a vendor doesn't care what people think about the service/product they received, then it can/will translates to bad service/product in the future.

I think that the problem here is not that the vendors care about their rating, but that the ratings are being changed based on pressure being applied to the person doing the rating.

The effort should be there as a result of a bad experience, not the result of a bad rating.

Reason for edit : To please the Grammer police...hahahaha

Zoaelite
09-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Absolutely!

If a vendor doesn't care what people think about the service/product they received then it can/will translates to bad service/product in the future.

I think that the problem here is not that the vendors care about their rating but that the ratings are being changed based on pressure being applied to person rating to change their rating only after its been made.

The effort should be there as a result of a bad experience, not the result of a bad rating.

+1,
Except for the sentence structure, lost me on that one :lol::lol::lol:.

mark
09-03-2009, 07:06 PM
considering what I went through recently with a collections agency, would say this is far from harassment. Guess it's all relative.

Jason McK
09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
The vendor rating system was a challenging concept in it's creation. It is important to understand that if you rate a vendor as poor or lower but have made no attempt to find a satisfactory resolution with that vendor, that is not fare to that vendor. I believe the Vendor has every right to contact you and resolve your issue. How ever if you made every attempt to resolve the issue but you are still not satisfied than a poor rating is warranted.
The Vendor should not be surprised by any rating they receive and if they are should actively try to resolve it

If you feel harassed by a vendor than please PM a Mod and we will look at each case as they arise.

J

ponokareefer
09-03-2009, 10:50 PM
If you feel harassed by a vendor than please PM a Mod and we will look at each case as they arise.

J

Thank you for the response. Hopefully this will keep future vendors from trying to get other members to change their vote after not resolving issues. I believe the vendor will no longer be contacting me now, even though the issues are unresolved.