PDA

View Full Version : LF: Advice on tuning the Tunze 9010

globaldesigns
09-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

you may of read in past posts where I bought a Tunze 9010. Well I have never taken more than 50ml of skimmate out in total overall. I am waiting on a new venturi part for the unit, as they said this is the problem, but I doubt it will work.

There is good bubble production, even removed the silencer... totally removed from unit and bubble production is even better, was able to close up the air throttle more and get even better bubbles, but again still no skimmate...

At certain times of the day, you can see some foam, but never enough to ever come near to going over the cup, usually foam is 1 or so inches from water/bubbleline.

Right now it is more of a water aerator than anything, pretty expensive aerator at that.

If anyone has any recommendation, please let me know... I was at reef central and dealt with Roger Vitko, great guy and knowledgable, but he then had to refer me to the canadian warranty company for part replacement, etc.

I hear alot of issues with this unit, even doing what others have posted where I put it on a timer and turn off for 1.5 hours once a day, still no help.

very frustrating, maybe need something different.