PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Aqua Light Pro Hanging Question

Eb0la11
08-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, so I got a 6 foot coralife pro aqua light and the 4 legs that came with it dont seem that sturdy and I got a couple questions for those with similar lights.

First off, is there a way to tighten the legs in place once you slide them into the little groove? I cant seem to find a way and the instructions say nothing and when you have them just friction tight they are not very tight at all.

Id use the legs if I can get them to a point where I am comfortable with them, but if not, then Id like to hang the light with some chains that are anchored in the ceiling.

So, can anyone snap a pic of a Coralife light thats hanging or something? It looks like they have a similar system, where a piece of hardware slides into a groove and you mount that way, but there was no hardware given with the light so I dunno where to get it. Any help in general would be appreciated. Cheers!

Oxymoron
08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
I have a four foot coralife fixture and am using the mounting legs as well.
What I did was eyeball it and tighten it while flipped upside down on the ground with a screw driver. Then with someones help we picked it up and placed it on the rim of the tank. It wasn't a tight fit at first but after taking it down and readjusting the screws on the mounting legs two or three times I was able to get a good and snug fit.
It looks pretty sleek and low profile with the legs and I would recommending tinkering with it a bit to see if you can get it to work for you.
Sorry I can't post a pic as I'm out of town at the moment. I'm sure if you google image searched it though you would find a few pics.
Hope this help and grats on the new light.

Oxymoron
08-31-2009, 07:16 PM
The mounting legs should have a small screw that you would tighen against the fixture. If for some reason this is missing I'm sure you could drill a small hole and use any appropriately sized screw to hold it in place

Eb0la11
08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Hmmm, ok, thanks guys. I'll have to tinker with it a bit more, we fiddled with the screw that held the little "T" type bracket that slid into the groove and it didnt seem to tighten the legs. They flopped left and right too much for my liking. So much one fell out when we were going to move it to put it on top of the tank... Hmmmm.

Oxymoron
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
That seems strange. When I tighten mine they snug up to the point that you can't move them by hand. Did the mounting legs and hardware come in a sealed bag? Perhaps they are the wrong size screws?

Oxymoron
08-31-2009, 07:45 PM
If all else fails I think I have the hanging kit for this fixture that I'm not using.
Let me know if you figure out a way to get it too work. If not I'm sure we can figure something out:)

Eb0la11
08-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks Oxymoron, I think I'd be more comfortable hanging it. I bought the light second hand, and even though it appears basically brand new, there was not much hardware with it other than the legs, still in the bag, and thats about it.

If you dont have need for the hanging kit maybe I could buy it off you? You could just mail it, Im sure it'd take like 2 days to get here which is no big deal to save us the 1.5 hr drive. I can pay for shipping. Let me know.

Oxymoron
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Sounds good I will send you a pm when I get back from out of town. Should be home by friday. Ill give you the hanging kit for free minus shipping costs. I bought this light fixture for a great deal off of another canreef member and feel like paying it forward so to speak.
I love the look of the fixture with the mounting legs installed and may be able to scan and email a copy of the instructions when I get home.
Perhaps if anyone knows if the 4ft hanging kit translates over to the 6 ft fixture it may save us a bit of a headache.

Eb0la11
09-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Hey Oxymoron, just wondering if theres been any updates on the lighting kit? No rush really, just hoping to get the sucker hooked up in the next week or two. Thanks by the way.

hillegom
09-04-2009, 06:10 AM
I have a four foot coralife that I got used. The hole in one leg, where the screw goes in was stripped. So I welded a nut into that one. If, on yours, you can't tighten the screws, then they are stripped. You could probably buy new clips from coralife for the legs. Or find a friendly welder.

Oxymoron
09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
You have pm Ebola.