PDA

View Full Version : New to Edmonton

Ryan Joel Smith
08-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Hello everyone,

Three years ago i moved from Nova Scotia to work in the oilfields for a winter and ended up moving to Edmonton two and a half years ago instead of heading back home. Been wanting to get back into Marine Aquariums as selling mine to move away killed me!

In about a week (hopefully this Tuesday) i'll be moving into my new condo and am going to be setting up a 58gallonreef with a 30g sump. I was wondering if anyone had any water from water changes ("cleaner" water) i could make use of to get the cycle started faster! I'm trying to get things rolling as quckly and safely as possible as i have a great opportunity on some LR, corals and fish. When i was younger i started my first reef in a similar fasion and had no difficulties.

Anyway, excited to get to know all of you, maybe see some of you at frag fest tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ryan Smith

Ryan Joel Smith
08-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Also, If someone reads this from Living Sounds Hearing aid clinic i am Katrina's husband. I here about your tank all the time but sadly can't remember your name and Katrina is sleeping.....maybe....Tim or Greg????? Anyhow, hello.

fishoholic
08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Welcome to canreef :biggrin: I will be at Frag fest today, my name is Laurie. I think we'll have name tags on, so feel free to find me and say hi.

noirsphynx
08-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Me too, I'll be at the frag fest today too. My name is Dawn. What part of NS are you from? I lived in Dartmouth for years.

BlueWorldAquatic
08-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Ryan,

Nice meeting you and Katrina yesterday.

Ken - BWA