PDA

View Full Version : Berghia..any use? where to obtain?

JPotter
08-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Greetings..I have a 120 gal tank with lots of Aptaisia and even though I have blasted with juice, aptaisia product and boiling Ro H2O they rebound in even greater numbers and grow better than anything else in the tank. The Peppermint shrimp have come, and I presume gone as I haven't seen one in months, the ordered Coral Banded Butterfly swims in the LFS refusing to eat anything and the Aptaisia are very healthy and happy.
I am seriously considering trying Berghia (or whatever their new name is) Nudibranchs but browsing online makes it apparent this is not an inexpensive endeavor...not a problem IF it works..more so if it doesn't:(

What has been the experience of others with these creatures? What is a good source to purchase from if they have worked? What sources should one avoid? It seems that in Vancouver the LFS don't carry them. Perhaps I am the only reefer growing Aptaisia.

Thanks.

fkshiu
08-29-2009, 06:32 AM
I just checked with J&L and they have some berghia egg clusters on the boil. Check back in a few weeks. I'm looking for berghia as well.