PDA

View Full Version : Got my 6080's today!

Canadian Man
08-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Well I got the stream's today and after the family obligation's tonight I had some late night time to hook them up.
I think a huge WOW!! is in order.

These thing's sure put out alot of nice flow. I am almost thinking to take the closed loop right off line as when I turn it off it's not really noticeable. As well the little giant pump uses like 5 times the electricity of the two stream's put together.

I suppose the only downside to these thing's is the size like everyone said. As well the mount's then come with SUCK for eurobracing. I may make my own mount out of acrylic to get them closer to the glass.

Anyone make up their own fancy mounting?

Oh, another note, these thing's look like they work on that "penductor" :confused: principle that steve was talking about with those thing's he got.

cheers

Aquattro
08-03-2003, 06:53 AM
Jon, I think there are some euro-brace ideas in the Tunze forum on RC. Maybe some parts for that type of mounting.
The penductor thing is basically a water venturi, whereas the stream just has it's water inlet vents on the sides. No increase in flow using the flow's own energy.

Doug
08-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Well I got the stream's today and after the family obligation's tonight I had some late night time to hook them up.
I think a huge WOW!! is in order.

These thing's sure put out alot of nice flow. I am almost thinking to take the closed loop right off line as when I turn it off it's not really noticeable. As well the little giant pump uses like 5 times the electricity of the two stream's put together.

:mrgreen:

Andy
08-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Hi Jon

I got my 6100s the other day as well. My eurobracing is only 3/4" wide on the sides. When I mounted the pumps on the bracket that the pumps came with they were suspended out from the tank walls by about 3/4". I decided to order the brackets designed for eurobracing and am waiting on their delivery. Should be here in a few days. Are your pumps suspended out from the tank walls. If so, do they hang rigidly or do they flutter when the pumps are running. I'll report on the brackets when I receive them. Can't wait to fire them up though. I hear nothing but great things of them.

Cheers,

Andy

Canadian Man
08-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Hey Andy,
I mounted my stream's on the side eurobracing which is about 3/4" in width as well. My front and back bracing is about 3 to 4 inches.

They do hang off the tank wall but they mounted quite securley. There is some movement in the pump's but not much. I would have no problems running them like I have them but I like to fiddle and this gives me one more reason to fiddle :mrgreen:

If you can let me know how those bracing mount's work out for you I would appreciate it.

Has anyone used the "silicone on" mount's that their streams came with?
I though about using these but then one can't move them too easily.

cheers

Doug
08-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Why could one not just silicone the bracket to the wall? The pumps come of the swivel post pretty easy for cleaning.

Andy
08-04-2003, 01:23 AM
Hi Doug

Long time. I've been in the field for the summer so I don't get on line that often. Will silicone set well under water. I considered that option. Jon, I will let you know how it pans out. I ordered my brackets from Marine Depot.

Andy

Bryan
08-04-2003, 06:49 AM
Tunze also sells a molded rock housing for the streams. I was thinkling it would be easy to build one out of agrocrete and incorporate the pump into your landscaping. I plan on doing this when my 6080 arrives.

Doug
08-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi Andy,
I meant for Jon,s tank. I think he can still lower the water down, as he has not stocked it a lot yet. Agreed it would be a problem in yours.

MalHavoc
08-04-2003, 03:55 PM
My 6000's and multicontroller arrived last week as well, and I'm very impressed with the build quality. I haven't put them in a tank yet (since they are for a new tank that I don't have yet), but I'm very impressed with the build quality. If they perform like my other Tunze gear, I'll be a happy camper.

FYI, you can get Tunze mounting hardware for just about any tank solution. The kits for the various types of tank trim aren't expensive (less than $10 from most places). www.marinedepot.com carries the whole shebang. I'm sure J&L can get the mounting kits in as well.

Canadian Man
08-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Why could one not just silicone the bracket to the wall? The pumps come of the swivel post pretty easy for cleaning.

That's what I was thinking Doug. It makes the most sense to me.
Maybe I will try it and see what happens.