PDA

View Full Version : Sustainable 10gal Clean-Up Crew

raisemyrent
08-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi,

as some of you may know, I have a 10gal that's currently bveen running since April. It survived the break-in and green algae bloom. I am currently in a defacto state of war with cyano, but victory will be mine...

I have an o. clown, a yellow awatchman goby, a small frogspawn, 3 small ricordea floridas, about 15 small mushrooms here and there, a minute amount of zoas here and there, and about 8 small candy cane heads...

Anyhow, I also have 2 full size astrea snails and a baby one (to be confirmed it's astrea)... fwiw the baby appeared out of nowhere, 3 sexy shrimp disappeared, and a nassarius died...

question is: how much of cuc can I sustain? Is there room for more snails, or a friendly crab? since my sexies went to sexy heaven after months of having them, I am missing some more life in there, I also miss " the sub" (nassarius)...

please let me know what you think...

Thanks,

BlueAbyss
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
My clean up crew consists of an emerald crab, a blue legged hermit, and (not really part of the CUC but he helps) a hector's goby. I feel I could add a few snails, some shrimps (again, not really part of the CUC but they will help also), and maybe another hermit. I guess it will depend on your system, everyone's tank is different.