PDA

View Full Version : Purple Anemone **help please**

Nicole8ca
08-27-2009, 01:11 AM
About 2 weeks ago my roommate called me (panicked) saying my purple anemone was eating my hammerhead coral. I had a 15 minutes conversation to calm her down and try and figure out what was really going on but I'm still unclear. Anyway she said she "poked" it until it left the coral alone.

Since then the anemone has been acting a bit strange (not active and full). I look at everyday to see if I can see any damage from the "poking" and I can't see anything but then today I came home and it appears as though it's trying to hide in the rocks.

So my questions are.

1. Does anybody know what to do?
2. If my anemone is in fact dying, will it kill my whole tank (I've heard that can happen).

please help.

Thanks!

findingnemo1
08-27-2009, 01:22 AM
What kind of anemone is it?
Poking is definetly not good for it by any means. If it is that upset it could have a small tear that you don't see and it has an infection.

And the coral. Did it fall on it?

Nicole8ca
08-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeah I wasn't happy about the "poking", trust me. I believe it's a long tentacle purple anemone.

Nothing fell on it, it decided to move for some reason. That's how it ended up on top of my hammer head coral. It may have moved because I did a pretty thorough water change (stirring a lot of muck up).