PDA

View Full Version : T5 HO Article

fencer
08-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I found this article on the Fuana Marin site. It is a good read.

http://www.korallenriff.de/download/T5-1.pdf

Since I have acquired a 8 bulb fixture(54w). I would like to know what combinations of t5's are you using. Has anybody used the aqua science bulbs

Stones
08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
I've ran the Aq. Science 15K and 22K bulbs. Not a big fan of the 15K as its more of a 10K bulb and has a yellow hue to it. The 22K bulbs are really nice and blue with a tint of actinic to them so you still see some phosflorescence in your corals. Next time I'll be replacing the 15K bulbs with either KZ New gen 14Ks which I've ran before, or ATI Aquablue specials.

My current bulb combo is : 2 Kz New gen 14K, 4 Aq. Science 22K, 1 Aq. Science 15K, 1 Kz Fiji Purple

This combo is a little too white for my liking and would be somewhere around the 12K mark as its not nearly as blue as 14K but slightly more blue than 10K.

fencer
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
I have a nova extreme running 4 x 10k and 4 x 460 actinics. Bulbs can with the unit. It is a bit white for me. Since it new i wait a bit longer to see if I like them. I had a chance to run URI VHO 2 x Actinic and 2 x White Actinic (12k) and I really like those. I saw more coral growth with those than I have seen with MH's. That combination brings out the pinks and lighter colors in the sps