PDA

View Full Version : FS Tunze Reefpak $100.00 but some issues to be aware of

trilinearmipmap
08-20-2009, 12:59 AM
I have a Tunze Reefpak which I am getting rid of now that I have a EuroReef nanoskimmer.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=tz-rp0200

The Tunze Reefpak is essentially a combination of a 9002 nano skimmer plus a mechanical filter side by side, with a magnet mount. Both the 9002 nanoskimmer and the mechanical filter run off identical mini powerhead pumps.

One of the pumps is shot and either the impeller or the whole pump (probably just the impeller) needs replacing. The good pump will run either the nano skimmer or the filter, a replacement pump or impeller will allow you to run both.

The mount is screwed up. The magnet mount was not build to fit North American tank rims. In addition the height of the skimmer and filter is not correct considering the North American pump has higher output than the European version. My workaround for these problems was to superglue the skimmer and filter directly onto the magnet mount.

I can ship or I can bring it down to Vancouver this weekend for pickup, I will be there Saturday/Sunday/Monday for pickup at a hotel near English Bay in Vancouver.

In summary to be honest this unit does not live up to the Tunze reputation for quality and it is priced accordingly.

I have had some interesting experiences with some of the people on this board. If you are one of these people please do not bother to PM me about this sale.

chujai
08-20-2009, 05:47 AM
pm sent!