PDA

View Full Version : Salamander (Calgary)

parkinsn
08-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Anyone have a tank that needs a salamander? I have a 4" or so tiger salamander living in my window well of my house. Not sure how he got there if anyone wants him take him, or i will take him back to the golf course later tonight. I live in Willowpark SE Calgary.

EDIT: There is in fact 2 of them in there. one 4", and one 5" maybe 6"

kien
08-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Anyone have a tank that needs a salamander? I have a 4" or so tiger salamander living in my window well of my house. Not sure how he got there if anyone wants him take him, or i will take him back to the golf course later tonight. I live in Willowpark SE Calgary.

I have a 150g. Is that big enough for him? Oh and is he reef safe? :lol:

The Codfather
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
There are a lot this year, a friend of mine has caught 8 in the last 3 days in his pond in the back yard.

parkinsn
08-19-2009, 08:50 PM
I dont think they are reef safe..... Sorry Kien

Delphinus
08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
They're really neat creatures. I kept a pair that was the only 2 to survive about 12 of them getting stuck in my window well, they were so dehydrated and starved that they would not have survived hibernation (this was October '07 so they didn't have time to refatten before the big freeze). I released them the following spring.

Yeah it seems they get into window wells pretty easy, just not out quite so much. Maybe we need to put little ramps so they can crawl out.

zuzes20011
08-26-2009, 04:31 AM
to bad i live in edmonton we found one last year in my pound hes been in his new home happy and health with his best bud frogy the frog got out a few times but allways managed to come back lol

Fish
09-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Hello,
I wil take it if you still have it. Thanks,

Chad