PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!!!!!

1bigstud
07-31-2003, 09:09 AM
Well spent the evening out to enjoy the fireworks. I come home and what do I find. One of my pipes in my tank came undone and had drained the tank 25-30%(70 gallon reef in work of all things). I dont know what is worse the damage to the hard wood or the tank and I'm on the second story. On the basement level water had leaked through the ceiling onto the floor so I'm wondering if the floor will give not feelin to good. well I've quickly dried up all I can and moved everything to the bottom of the tank but have had to unhook my skimmer. I've just started mixing 20 gallons of saltmix. there are peices of live rock that cant be moved and are out of the water how long can they keep and how long can the tank run with just power heads??? any and all advice/help will be greatly appreciated. Even about the floor or if anyone knows a contractor that I can get to reinforce my floor.

Dale D
08-01-2003, 06:25 PM
The hardwood floor will probabily washboard on you, but, it may level itself out as it dries. The floor (joists and subfloor) will be fine (won't collapse) they may just need to be dried out. The ceiling in the basement if it is drywalled may sag and some of the tape joints may pop. Or you may only end up with some stains and need a coat of paint.

Depending on how much damage is done and what your deductable is you may want to go through insurance and have someone come in and look at it and have it fixed.

I spent 9 years doing fire and flood restoration and have seen the damage that water can do. :sad: Good luck.