PDA

View Full Version : Arduino Based DIY Reef Controller.

Vancouver Reefer
08-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Hi All,

For some time i have been working away on a fully automated DIY reef controller. Some of you may have seen my signature link or have been following over on Nano-Reef.

Because my design has exploded in design and capabilities i have update my website describing whats going on.

Please feel free to have a look by clicking on the link in my signature.

Hope you Enjoy,

VR :biggrin:

Snaz
08-18-2009, 05:18 AM
Open Source + Reef = Your my hero!

It's fine citizens like you that make this a better world. Thank you for all your hard work VR.

tzenda
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
that is a great website to look through. I had a controller doing the temp and water feeds to my tank but what I found is that after about a year of use the stainless steel temp probes I was using started to corrode.

I was wondering how you were going to manage to submerge that temp sensor you showed as planing to use. When I considered changing out my SS sensors I thought of just crimping and melting the end of a small hose closed and sliding the sensor in there.

I am also wondering if you would share the parts you are using for your PH and Salinity sensors. I was looking through a bunch when i was trying to figure it all out but came up empty. That was about 6 years ago now tho so parts may be easier to find now.

I am hoping your still going through with this project as I always enjoyed my tank and all the chemistry and electrical tinkering that came with it.