PDA

View Full Version : New canopy finally complete!

robbyville
07-31-2003, 05:46 AM
Hello all,

Well after two months of dithering around the new canopy is finally finished and installed.

Sides and gussets are plywood, frame, door frames are pine and the door panels are cedar. The lid is from my old canopy.

I'm happy with the new halides, they are a dual 250w PFO ballast, with 2x10k venture bulbs. I'm pretty pleased with the ventures as they only cost $52 ea USD. Even if the ventures only last 2/3 of the duration that a ushio would it's a pretty fair bet. The fans are 2x variable speed Icecaps, I'm incredibly impressed by how quiet they are! Even still the temp in the tank went up about 3 degrees in about 4 hours. I've added a clip on fan to help (Mind you, temp outside today was 33deg and I don't have air conditioning)!

At any rate, here's a pic to enjoy, I also put in one of my 96w acitinic pc's in for supplementation. I'll have to add another sometime soon, if any of you know where to find a 96w Four Pin (not square) PC in town please let me know!

Definitely looking forward to adding some SPS soon!

Best,

Rob

Ok, I can't figure out how to attach the picture! Di I have to have it on the web somewhere or is there a way to simply attach it as a jpg?

Aquattro
07-31-2003, 06:04 AM
Ok, I can't figure out how to attach the picture! Di I have to have it on the web somewhere or is there a way to simply attach it as a jpg?

You'll notice a new link to the photo gallery on the upper right of the page. You can uplaod pics there.

robbyville
07-31-2003, 05:29 PM
Ok, I must be missing something! I have buttons listed as "img" and "url" but when I click on the img button what's next? I have tried to copy and paste the photo, etc but no luck.

Sorry for the silliness!

Rob

christyf5
07-31-2003, 05:33 PM
Rob,

While you are reading this post scroll the entire page up to the top. Then a bit to the right. At the top of the page there is the canreef logo etc and off to the right hand side, under the heading "MAIN MENU" it says HOME, ONLINE STORE, BULLETIN BOARD, PHOTO GALLERY. Click on photo gallery and that is where you go to post pictures. I think you have to login and then in member galleries you can add pictures that way. Once you have added a picture I think you just post a link to it in the main forum (ie. in this thread).

Good luck!

Christy :)

robbyville
07-31-2003, 05:34 PM
OK, I had to share so I'll see if I can link to the post on reef central!

Rob

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222009

robbyville
08-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey Christy, thanks for the help, I'll give it a shot!

I'm like a proud father right now, 2 silly months working on the canopy and first time with halides...Let the good times (and electric bills), roll!

Rob

robbyville
08-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Ok Christy, mission successful!

If this works I guess it will be time to take some real pics of the tank. All I have to do now is buy some SPS!

Best,

Rob

robbyville
08-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Riiight, I guess attaching the link would help.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=46

christyf5
08-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Woohoo! Success! :mrgreen:

The hood looks great. Nice job!

Christy :)