PDA

View Full Version : I am going to MURDER my clowns.

ElGuappo
08-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Ok to make a long story short the fist fish i bought, aside from my sixline, were my true percula clowns. the first chunk of i coral i bought, was a toadstool, after reading the article on garf about alternate hosting. i figured that a toadstool would be my best options. well after 2 monthes of not hosting in it, i went a little nuts and preceeded to buy everything on the list plus a few others. Toadstool, torch, frogspawn, hairy mushies, Etc. well they finally took to my torch, which was my 3rd coral purchase, it did however take 4 monthes for the clowns to take to it. i had since bought other corals. Hoping they might host there.

It took my clowns 6 monthes to KILL the torch. it had 3 hesads when i bought it and 7 when they finally took down all the heads. just before they killed it outright they started taking to my hairy mushrooms. they have since been there and no where else.

About a monthe ago i took down the RSM they were in and threw them in a 15G with the h mushrooms and toadstool and some sps. well wouldnt you know they actually started hosting in the teadstool as of 1030 tonight when i got home from work.

this is a temp tank till i move at the end of this monthe and i havent mounted the mushroom rock to any large rocks as the sps takes up most of the room and i dont want it to compete. so obviously with them hitting the shrooms as hard as they do some times they fly across they tank (little sand but mostly BB) form one end to the other (this has resulted in one going thru my AC and turining into thousands off them in my diy fuge.)

Getting long here, but i would just like to point out how ****ed i am at these clowns for not taking to the toadstool first. i would have went other ways with coral. and not lost a very nice torch.

karazy
08-17-2009, 04:52 AM
clowns can be so annoying when it comes to hosting.
the reason your torch died isn't because the clowns intentionally killed it,
its because torch coral just isn't made for clownfish to host in.
therefore, the clowns just end up irritating the hell out of the torch.

ElGuappo
08-17-2009, 05:05 AM
clowns can be so annoying when it comes to hosting.
the reason your torch died isn't because the clowns intentionally killed it,
its because torch coral just isn't made for clownfish to host in.

the torch was for me not them. i know they didnt mean to but if you saw the way they dive bombed it you would be amazed. they cut themselfs on the skeleton.