PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to canreef

fishytime
08-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Kudos to canreef for finally doing something about a certain former vender here. Glad you all stopped thinking with your wallet. Thanks

marie
08-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Kudos to canreef for finally doing something about a certain former vender here. Glad you all stopped thinking with your wallet. Thanks

I like to think they weren't thinking with their wallet but was giving the vendor a chance to pull themselves back up out of the gutter :smile:

christyf5
08-15-2009, 03:12 PM

I'm truly sorry you feel that thats what we were doing.

Aquattro
08-15-2009, 03:16 PM

I second that. This issue has been an ongoing discussion for some time now internally, and we've just been hoping to see an improvement in vendor performance. Money has never even come up. It's sad you think it's about the money....

pterfloth
08-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Glad to see this dealt with. Thanks to the mods, etc. for their help in making this the best reef site in Canada. It has been and is a tremendous help to me and others.

Myka
08-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I like to think they weren't thinking with their wallet but was giving the vendor a chance to pull themselves back up out of the gutter :smile:

Agreed!

Thanks to CanReef for giving someone a chance, but after seeing repeated complaints and no vendor response that CanReef moderators have the drive to improve the site by only supporting vendors who are reliable.

fishoholic
08-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Agreed!

Thanks to CanReef for giving someone a chance, but after seeing repeated complaints and no vendor response that CanReef moderators have the drive to improve the site by only supporting vendors who are reliable.

+1 well said Myka :biggrin:

mark
08-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Is sort of funny though.

People get all worked up for vendor ratings, you give vendor ratings. People buy from vendor with poor history, lot's of negative threads, then the cry to ban the guy.

Jason McK
08-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow the thread title really doesn't reflex the post. Thanks for the slap in the face.

Like Brad and Christy have said money was not an issue. It is always better to have a frag vendor than to not have any . If we where to jump on every vendor that gets negative reviews there would be no vendors offering CanReef members specials. In this case the vendor would improve and then decline again and agian, but continued to get support (people buying). With people running group buys that can only be interpreted as support for the vendor so it is difficult to remove a vendor who appears to be getting support.

Doug
08-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I second that. This issue has been an ongoing discussion for some time now internally, and we've just been hoping to see an improvement in vendor performance. Money has never even come up. It's sad you think it's about the money....

Agreed.

BlueAbyss
08-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks to the mods, etc. for their help in making this the best reef site in Canada. It has been and is a tremendous help to me and others.

I can't say much about said vendor, but this ^ +1. I appreciate all the help I get here and wouldn't have anyone to talk fish to without this site.