PDA

View Full Version : The Red Slime Cure

fragNplug
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Just a little article about the cures for redslime bacteria.

The 1st time I had ever seen redslime in my tank I ran out and bought redslime remover. Thinking this is the ultimate cure it removed the redslime from my tank in about 4 days, I did however have a mini cycle at the end of this treatment and lost a fish due to low oxygen as it removed the oxygen from the water and also killed some of my beneficial bacteria.

The 2nd time i had seen it I decided to increase the water flow, reduced my lighting period, and siphoned it out this took days and then turned into weeks of work but it was removed after about 3 weeks.

Now is the 3rd time I have had red slime and i took the advice of a freind (fishytime). I purchased Coral Snow made by KZ it is one of the zeo additives.
I dosed yesterday and work up this morning to find that the redslime was all dead. As its only been about 12 hours since i dossed i added one more this morning, i see no adverse affects at all.

In closing if anyone of you have redslime and are battling it without success grab a bottle of this coral snow and it will be gone before you know it.

Here is the wording off the bottle.
For small polyp and large polyp stony corals, soft corals and clams as well as problem solving/solution in a salt water tank.

Coral Snow is a liquid secondary biological facilitator for elements like B-Balance or Potassium-Iodide/Fluoride Concentrate.
Compatible with all elements, also for Amino Acid and Vitalizer. Coral Snow contains among others a natural Calcium-Magnesium Carbonate mix.
With just 2.5µ Coral Snow has an optimal size for absorption by SPS corals.
You can dose 1 to max. 4 ml Coral Snow per 100L/25gallons tank water daily.
Coral Snow neutralizes undesirable acids and is a solution against e.g. slime algae and cyano bacteria.
The cloudiness in the water is harmless for all fish as well as sensitive corals.

mseepman
08-14-2009, 11:27 PM
I have Coral Snow but I just recently had a run-in with some Cyano and so far it's not been able to get rid of it.

I will keep trying though as I like it a lot better than red slime remover.

parkinsn
08-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Also if you comnbind it with Zeobak it will work better, and if you combine CS and ZB with Zeozyme it will tripple the effects. Make sure to shut your skimmer off for a couple hours when doing all 3 and mix all 3 with tank water and let it sit for 8 hours prior to dose.

fragNplug
08-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks scott if it comes back ill try that.

Navarchus
08-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Very important:
DON’T FORGET TO SIPHON OUT THE DEAD BACTERIA.

For your knowledge darkening the tank completely for 3 days will do the job as well.

naesco
08-15-2009, 04:33 AM
What ingredients are listed on the bottle?
Thanks

mandarin man
08-15-2009, 05:18 AM
I have been CS for a month to treat red slime; through my observation, CS will not eliminate the red slime completely but it will definitely control it a bit. I have heard that CS and Zeobak will or may eliminate red slime.

From my experience, CS is a must when you use KZ amino acid and KZ coral vitalizer. I have used both without CS, red slime out grows the tank to the point I also decided to use red slime remover (I am glad that I did not). Now I combine CS with the two with great result with significant reduction in red slime.

fkshiu
10-18-2009, 01:13 AM
What ingredients are listed on the bottle?
Thanks

Zeo doesn't list ingredients. It's made in Germany, and Germans always make good stuff. :)