PDA

View Full Version : Where is the good RO?

dylanserbin
08-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Where in edmonton, preferably southside.. can i get some good RO water for my tank?

Dez
08-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Marine Aquaria would probably sell some to you. They sold me premixed saltwater mixed with RO/DI for cheap when I had to do a 150 gallon water change and didn't want to wait for my RO unit to pump it out. They are really nice there and I'm sure they'd sell you some RO on a regular basis for a reasonable price.

mark
08-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Before I got my own unit, was getting a couple of jugs from the water company added to our office delivery. From there just brought them home.

dylanserbin
08-14-2009, 06:18 AM
oh what company i used to deliver those big jugs haha.. some job that was..

blacknife
08-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't have my own unit yet either.. there are 2 stores in leduc.. i usually only deal with one, the closest to my house

The RO water is 3.50

I was all ways just getting this from the vending machine they have because the old management charged $0.25 more if you used inside the store. The old management also never told me they also have ro/di water inside, in the back out of site, for a slightly higher price. The RO water has 1 tds and the ro/di has 0. I wish the old management told me they had the di in there as i wonder if thats where some of my algae problems come from, oh well, just something to ask about when you are looking.

Buying water is really ****ing me off right now too EI doesn't leave any budget for the fish tank, and knowing that a usable ro/di unit costs only 100-200 dollars.. .

leduc tap water is like 265 tds, If I absolutely have to use it for top off water then my algae can all get fed nicely I guess.

dylanserbin
08-14-2009, 02:35 PM
what does the DI part mean? and where can i get one of the tds measuring tools.

blacknife
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
deionized,
it is just another stage added to the filter that runs the water through some kind of chemical that strips out the last bit of solids.

I have seen the tds meters on some of the sites that sell ro units, or built into some of the high end units. Any store that is making and selling the water should have a tester there and be willing to test it for you.

mark
08-14-2009, 04:47 PM
oh what company i used to deliver those big jugs haha.. Some job that was..

wps

mike31154
08-14-2009, 05:04 PM
what does the DI part mean? and where can i get one of the tds measuring tools.

WalMart now sells inexpensive handheld TDS meters in their Auto/RV dept.

BlueWorldAquatic
08-16-2009, 11:41 PM
be carefull with store bought RO water ubless you test it, or know they change their filters. I recently had a problem with RO water from a store before I bought Blue World.

Ken

Abe
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
SObees got good RO water, thats what I used to use before I got my system.