PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing Livestock Purchase?

Eb0la11
08-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Reefcentral has a cool thread going right now where people are discussing their worst live stock purchases in their reef keeping careers. A lot of cleaner shrimp and fancy shrimp purchases are being mentioned and also mushrooms for corals.

I wanted to hear some of your guys most disappointing live stock purchases? It could be because of the price, the interest level of the livestock you bought or whatever.

I havent bought any yet so I cant comment haha

Ryan
08-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Mine was my most recent purchase from a local store. I bought some zoanthids that I thought were cool looking had some cream/light green center and cool markings. Got them home into my tank with good water, they colour up and turn out to be regular green button polyps.

Also the SPS "colony" he sold me that was the size of a large frag. The price was right so I bring it home where it bleaches out on me in 48 hours. The real disapointing thing is a frag from that exact colony is growing like a weed less than an inch away.

hummer
08-13-2009, 11:26 PM
When I first started out I bought a whole bunch of Damsels. They got really big and attacked most fish I put in. Had to remove all the rock to catch them all to give to the pet store. When I started up my new tank I stayed away from them. As for corals I would say Kenya Tree. That thing grew out of control. My tank was filled. I removed them all but they are starting to come back. Sold the first batch to LFS and got some good money :lol:

fencer
08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
That's easy...bring home an SPS and have it rtn on you within the day

Eb0la11
08-13-2009, 11:44 PM
That's easy...bring home an SPS and have it rtn on you within the day

Whats RTN?

hummer
08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Whats RTN?

Rapid Tissues <something>...
Necrosis (Yay Google)

"Rapid Tissue Necrosis (RTN) is a term used specifically for the occurrence of tissue sloughing in captive corals (i.e. laboratory and aquarium corals)."

simplycoral
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Whats RTN?

.....Rapid Tissue Necrosis

simplycoral
08-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi,

Mine was a cool looking algae that i was told would be beneficial to the tank!

I couldn't understand why it would retract when i touched it?

Turned out that it was a colony of the hydroid "Pom Pom"......:doh:

Needles to say i flushed it and then had a few stern words with the LFS.....

Regards, Simon.

Abbyreefer
08-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Mine was a Majestic Angel. Just bought him put him into the tank and he got spooked and ended up right in my previous large carpet anemone. I eventually got him out but then had to QT him with some medication due to all the tenticles stuck to him. Unfortunatly he didnt survive.

bigmac
08-14-2009, 12:29 AM
I bought a clam waaaayyyyyy too early in my tanks lifetime. I've kept the shell in my tank as a constant reminder to slow down and take my time. The shell is being used now as a home for one of my damsels, so at least it's being used.

wickedfrags
08-14-2009, 12:54 AM
ricordea yuma and any anthias (except squampini) - after many many years both I and the wife have given up on both

Ryan
08-14-2009, 12:54 AM
ricordea yuma and any anthias (except squampini) - after many many years both I and the wife have given up on both

I have troubles keeping both as well. I have 1 yuma that does good and wont be buying another.

wickedfrags
08-14-2009, 01:21 AM
In time, say after a year or so, IME almost all yuma die. They are not ideal for the home aquarium, despite being eautiful. That is why I never sell them on the site...anthias are nice but generally just the squampinis, and sometimes the bartletts survive long term. Pricey and they do not live long-term, a combination to AVOID.

I have troubles keeping both as well. I have 1 yuma that does good and wont be buying another.

Lance
08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
(Regal Tang) One of the first fish I had. The SOB was so mean, it even attacked me when I put my hand in the tank! Harrassed the other fish non-stop. It also liked to snap off pieces of coral and swim around with them in its mouth. It got so nasty with the other fish I finally placed it in the QT for a couple of weeks hoping this would calm it down. While in QT, the cheapo glass heater failed one night and I found the Regal dead the next morning in 97 degree water. Never had the slightest desire to own another one, and I've never cheaped out on heaters since.

chandigz
08-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I Got a local shop to special ordere in a black longnose tang from a well known Mac certified wholesaler out of LA, got a good prepay/pickup on arrival price.(Landed cost plus 10%,$400) It said 'small', but I wasn't expecting it to show up with the body the size of a quarter. It was maybe an inch and a half from the tip of the nose to end of tail and it also had some deformities to its fins. Poor little guy died two weeks later and lived in my freezer for months so I could look at him everytime I fed the tank frozen food. Makes me think twice about ever ordering in my dream fish, a gem tang.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-14-2009, 03:32 AM
My SOB flameback angel. This supposedly reefsafe dwarf-dwarf angel has killed several corals & clams for me. If it wasn't in the 210g fully stocked reef, I'd tear down my tank to catch out the B@stard!!!!

I had gold striped maroon clowns that would throw corals around. The big female could pull out & toss into the sand 15 head frogspawns & any other corals that it could grab with its mouth.

Love the look of these fish but what a mistake!!!

Lance
08-14-2009, 03:33 AM
i got a local shop to special ordere in a black longnose tang from a well known mac certified wholesaler out of la, got a good prepay/pickup on arrival price.(landed cost plus 10%,$400) it said 'small', but i wasn't expecting it to show up with the body the size of a quarter. It was maybe an inch and a half from the tip of the nose to end of tail and it also had some deformities to its fins. Poor little guy died two weeks later and lived in my freezer for months so i could look at him everytime i fed the tank frozen food. Makes me think twice about ever ordering in my dream fish, a gem tang.

"ouch!!!"

xtreme
08-14-2009, 04:34 AM
I had gold striped maroon clowns that would throw corals around.

I may have to get rid of mine for this reason.

Dez
08-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Probably a flame angel that we paid $89.99 for back when we were first in the hobby. We saw it a few hours later in the belly of our lionfish. We could even see the red through his belly and the shape of the fish in his belly. Even we have never spent that much on dinner or ourselves.....ouch.

kien
08-14-2009, 05:33 AM
It sounds like a common theme is, "when I first got into the hobby.. " hehe, and on that thread.. yes, when I first got into this hobby, I thought them peacock mantis shrimp were the coolest things ever! Just had to have one. Didn't bother to ask questions about it, and for some reason the LFS store never bothered to tell me anything about them. Got him home and threw him in my "reef" tank at the time. Well, I'm sure you can imagine how the rest of this story goes. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.. :cry:

Leah
08-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Hands down it would be frags, 2nd a Bicolor angel, 3rd a killer Tomato clown.

Coincidentally
08-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Bought a gorgeous purple and green plate coral and tissue started receeding on the way home!!! i was so careful with it too.

lobsterboy
08-14-2009, 04:47 PM
When I first started out reefing, I was so impressed with feather dusters, so I went to a LFS and bought one. When I got home I waited for it to open, and waited and waited, still it wasnt opening.
So i called a different LFS as I was kinda of embarresd to why the duster wouldnt open.
The better LFS, said it should have opened within a few mintues, check to see if there the worm is still inside the tube.
I held the tube up to a light, and there was NOTHING. I was sold an empty tube.
So my theory was that When the dealer took the worm out, he pulled to much and left the worm naked.

anyways, I havent been back to that LFS.

Eb0la11
08-14-2009, 06:04 PM
When I first started out reefing, I was so impressed with feather dusters, so I went to a LFS and bought one. When I got home I waited for it to open, and waited and waited, still it wasnt opening.
So i called a different LFS as I was kinda of embarresd to why the duster wouldnt open.
The better LFS, said it should have opened within a few mintues, check to see if there the worm is still inside the tube.
I held the tube up to a light, and there was NOTHING. I was sold an empty tube.
So my theory was that When the dealer took the worm out, he pulled to much and left the worm naked.

anyways, I havent been back to that LFS.

hahaha thats brutal lol. I actually love feather dusters too, I wanna get 4-5 in my tank but I dont know much about them so I'll have to see first if my tank is compatible!

whatcaneyedo
08-14-2009, 06:12 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the 1/4" $30 aptasia eating nudibranch that I bought. It simply disappeared after 2 days never to be seen again. However I should have set it up in a QT tank with some aptasia covered rock and allowed it to grow to a more realistic size before adding it to my display. Actually I should have bought and did that with several but the little things were pretty expensive and I didnt think they would solve my problem anyways.

Atomikk
08-14-2009, 06:28 PM
In time, say after a year or so, IME almost all yuma die. They are not ideal for the home aquarium, despite being eautiful. That is why I never sell them on the site...anthias are nice but generally just the squampinis, and sometimes the bartletts survive long term. Pricey and they do not live long-term, a combination to AVOID.

Dave, it all depends who you ask. I have yuma colonies that I have had for years. Some for 3, some for 5.

You really have to know how to care for them.

AHHope
08-14-2009, 09:43 PM
It sounds like a common theme is, "when I first got into the hobby.. " hehe, and on that thread.. yes, when I first got into this hobby, I thought them peacock mantis shrimp were the coolest things ever! Just had to have one. Didn't bother to ask questions about it, and for some reason the LFS store never bothered to tell me anything about them. Got him home and threw him in my "reef" tank at the time. Well, I'm sure you can imagine how the rest of this story goes. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.. :cry:

well for a mantis lover like me that would have been an amazing show!

fishoholic
08-14-2009, 09:56 PM
For me the most disappointing would be the new fish we bought (a few months ago) that died shortly after we bought it and to make matters worse that fish ended up killing 3/4 of the rest of my fish. :cry:

Atomikk
08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
For me the most disapointing would be the new fish we bought (a few months ago) that died shortly after we bought it and that fish ended up killing 3/4 of the rest of my fish. :cry:

Thats the velvet incident right?

JDigital
08-14-2009, 10:46 PM
My Singapore Angel was one of my most disappointing purchases. they are such a timid fish, that they do not acclimate well IMO, they scare easy (easier than Foxfaces), and from what I have seen very prone to Ich... I never did get to enjoy mine because he was hiding all the time.. which meant he wasn't eating, which made the ich got worse, and then dead. :sad:

RuGlu6
08-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Buying a live rock infested with eggs of these worms.
they eat everything and anything ! corals, fish, and polyps too.
Very nasty.
Lesson learned:
Live rock Never again!

Next tank will be started with DRY Eco rock only !
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo251/RuGlu6/th_MVI_0616.jpg (http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo251/RuGlu6/?action=view&current=MVI_0616.flv)
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo251/RuGlu6/IMG_0611.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo251/RuGlu6/IMG_0614.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo251/RuGlu6/IMG_0609.jpg

fishytime
08-15-2009, 12:50 AM
I have two....both powder blue tangs.....Ive tried twice and both times they only lasted a few weeks.....still dont know why, to this day...

burgerchow
08-15-2009, 12:56 AM
about 14 years ago, put 4 camel shrimp into my 90 gallon lps dominated reef. Damn shrimps ate everything. Took me months to catch them. We didn't know any better at that time, as there wasn't much info on them.

fishoholic
08-15-2009, 05:22 AM
For me the most disappointing would be the new fish we bought (a few months ago) that died shortly after we bought it and to make matters worse that fish ended up killing 3/4 of the rest of my fish. :cry:

Thats the velvet incident right?

Yep. But generally speaking it sucks whenever you buy something new (fish or coral) and it dies right away.

belzebuth
08-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Powder blue tang....Died yesterday. Lasted about 2 months:cry:

Atomikk
08-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Powder blue tang....Died yesterday. Lasted about 2 months:cry:

Probably was cyanide caught. Was he eating well but just looked skinny?

reeferious
08-15-2009, 06:41 PM
any critter that didn't last a week after i bought it.

belzebuth
08-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Probably was cyanide caught. Was he eating well but just looked skinny?

It was eating, but was skinny. I will not add any other tangs to the tank. My large hippo runs the show.

mike31154
08-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Copperband Butterfly. Not disappointment in the fish, it's such a beautiful critter, but disappointment in my stupidity for purchasing one prior to proper research. I know there are a good number of success stories with these, but if you look at the recent poll related to Copperbands, the statistics are a good indication that these guys are best left in the ocean. It was quite tough watching my specimen slowly starve to death.

reef bound
08-16-2009, 10:25 PM
My most disappointing experience, 2 beautiful elegance corals. One had pink tones, the other greens. Absolutely stunning specimens. Both did great in QT tank, so we put them in the 180g after a week and a half. Two to three weeks later the green one started to deteriorate, and unfortunately whatever it was seemed to be contagious because about 2 weeks later the same happened to the pink one. Not sure why it happened, we had not had any issues with any other corals. They just slowly deteriorated. Very upsetting experience, not to mention a little pricey.

Tom R
08-16-2009, 11:15 PM
My Mexican Look Down Fish $85.

I brought him home spent the afternoon acclimatizing him. Released him into the tank and my Queen Trigger came over and bit his eyes out.

He ended up being nothing more than an expensive dinner.

Oh ya everyone at the LFS told me that they should get along no problem.

Tom R

freezetyle
08-17-2009, 12:34 AM
For me it would have to be a small clown goby and a small skunk cleanershrimp. I acclimatized both fish and dropped them in the clown goby found a spot to hide, saw him around a month or so later and haven't seen him since. The small cleaner shrimp was a little too small and my clowns and flame angel ate all of his legs before he even hit the ground

tgoeujon
08-17-2009, 06:00 AM
definately my diamond goby, he was perfect in my 55 but when i moved him to my 110 he decided it was his job to bury my favia corals as well as my symphilia on a daily basis. still tryin to figure out a way of catching him:sad:

Skimmin
08-17-2009, 03:11 PM
For me it has been two Naso tangs. I purchased two over the last two months. One lasted in QT for approx 2 days and the other about 3 weeks. The one of three weeks hurt. I was starting to feed by hand and making a new buddy and then... DEAD. I've given them a break for a while. Maybe try in another 6 months or so. The first one I believe was really sick from the get go, but the second one had me baffled.

Pier Pressure
08-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Cleaner wrasse. He lasted less than 24 hours - when I found him all dried out on the carpet about five feet away from my COVERED tank!

Haloreef
08-17-2009, 08:42 PM
It's a toss up for me. My Cherub angle that was anything but angelic to my clams or the Prix Line wrasse that killed two Candy Basselets, yea I know I should have known better on the second one. At least he leaves both of my cleaner wrasse's alone.

Eb0la11
10-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Wanted to reopen this thread. Anyone have any insight on Green Star Polyps? Are they a purchase that you've enjoyed?

xtreme
10-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Wanted to reopen this thread. Anyone have any insight on Green Star Polyps? Are they a purchase that you've enjoyed?

Nice color and a fast grower. Maybe to fast for some peoples liking as it may become invasive. If you are interested in trying some I have a chunk of it I would sell for 5 bucks.:biggrin:

Carmen
10-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Many people hate GSP because it will spread over any touching rocks but I love the color and if it's isolated, I think it brings awesome color to a "chunk of rock"!

Myka
10-20-2009, 02:01 AM
I love (isolated) GSP. I set out some interestingly shaped rocks for it to grow on.

Eb0la11
10-20-2009, 02:44 AM
So the key to GSP is to leave it on an "island" type rock? I love the coloration and texture of it too and thats why I was asking.

mike31154
10-20-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm starting to second guess on the carpet of GSP I now have. It's grown a lot and is getting a little out of hand on me. But it seems easy enough to peel off if need be, I just haven't had the heart to slice and dice it yet.

globaldesigns
10-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Hmmmm, let me see:

1.) Brought home a large clam from the LFS (I won't say the name, but I don't deal with them anymore), it lasted a few weeks... Problem was the LFS ripped off its foot (I didn't know better, and should of checked it before leaving the store), it just didn't do well after, $80 bucks gone

2.) Mystery Wrasse - bullied from the get go, didn't last the night, $125 down the drain

3.) Have had several coral RTN when brought home, some didn't last the night, some turned into frags. I can't even guess how much $$$$ waisted there

4.) Have had several fish die overnight or shortly after coming home with them from LFS... don't buy from that store anymore. Basically the store would sell them next day, didn't acclimate properly, didn't make sure they ate... This made me a better buyer... I now only from 3 places, and also make sure of health, that it eats and so on.

I think we all have alot of the same stories, hopefully we all get smarter as we move forward.

Eyford01
10-20-2009, 03:51 AM
bengaii cardinal... lasted 3 days before it died and became hermit crab food and in that time didnt move more than 6 inches from the spot i let it out of the bag... ate well and everything just the most uninteresting thing i've ever put in there, my LR when it was cycling was more interesting...

banditpowdercoat
10-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Pink Hawaiian Cucumber. And a Sea Hare. Both dead within the week. Altho, my Anenome ate the hare...

TheMikey
10-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Two weeks ago I purchased a couple detritus eating slugs for $16 apiece. They were doing an awesome job. Acclimated them and dropped them in. Immediately the started cleaning my sand, like two little vaccuum cleaners. Left them be for about 10 minutes and came back so see one of them started cleaning right over to my superman acans... where it was half eaten.

About an hour later my open brain was devouring the second one... Most expensive snacks I've ever given my tank.

StirCrazy
10-20-2009, 02:27 PM
hmm hard one, I have never had anything alive I have regretted purchasing, couple corals I was disapointed in, but I guess the only things I have realy regretted buying were 230Lbs of sand and an ebo heater..

sand cause nusence problems after 1 year so I had to put everything into a temp tank that I had a ebo heater in which stuck on over night and wipped out all my live stock corals and all. I ended up with 3 5 gal buckets of white hard corals.

Steve

Eb0la11
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
hmm hard one, I have never had anything alive I have regretted purchasing, couple corals I was disapointed in, but I guess the only things I have realy regretted buying were 230Lbs of sand and an ebo heater..

sand cause nusence problems after 1 year so I had to put everything into a temp tank that I had a ebo heater in which stuck on over night and wipped out all my live stock corals and all. I ended up with 3 5 gal buckets of white hard corals.

Steve

Which corals were you, and other posters here that are reading, most disappointed in?

BC564
10-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I would have to say a pink tube anemone....beautiful...but when I put it in the tank....It quickly cleaned up 3 fish in aobut 2 days....regal tang......4 line wrasse.......and a mandarin......I still have the tube anemone but it now lives in its own tank....the tank is called death tank.....he has 3 crabs in there with him.....

Oh...I have Kenya tree everywhere from one little frag I put in my tank....I clean it out and flush the stuff every year...its brutal....it takes over everything....but when you first start out...you want to grow anything you can get your hands on.....dumb!!

StirCrazy
10-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Which corals were you, and other posters here that are reading, most disappointed in?

tuff question, um for me is was a few SPS that looked promising but never colored up like I thought they would, so not a bad coral just not the results I was gambling on, a fox coral, never did well, oh and mushrooms, when you mix mushrooms and MH lighting they explode and try to take over the tank.

Steve

jostafew
11-27-2010, 05:15 AM
For me was a recent attempt at a Sharknose Goby; waited for 2-3 months to be in stock, and when they arrived I picked one up as soon as I could. Got it home and into QT and after a few days I noticed it had some weird problem with its jaw and gills. No problem, I took it back for an exchange. Happy to have a GOOD specimen now I carefully acclimated it just like the last one and very carefully netted the fish from the bucket to be moved to the QT tank.... dam thing flipped out of the net and onto the floor! Carefully picked up and dropped into QT. Watched it for about 15 min and everything looking OK I left for the night.

Well the next morning I get up to check on the new fish and it's dead....... That sucked...

daniella3d
11-27-2010, 05:23 AM
The damn pet store in Boleil, Quebec (TD zoo) is selling things that are impossible to keep alive and they don't tell you that..so this is the worst store I know and the owner is supposed to be a biologist! go figure!

Worst buy ever were made at that store, one blueberry gorgonian and one orange sponge, both paid around 50$ and they died in a few weeks. I was told they just need some food in the water and they would do well...The blueberry gorgonian is impossible to keep alive for more than a few months and the orange sponge the same.

I also bought a flame scallop at that store and that is still alive after 10 months, surprising. I was told they were easy to keep..yeah right. I need to feed it a lot to keep it alive for so long.

So that was 100$ in the garbage, or how we would say in French, 100$ à l'eau.

Reefcentral has a cool thread going right now where people are discussing their worst live stock purchases in their reef keeping careers. A lot of cleaner shrimp and fancy shrimp purchases are being mentioned and also mushrooms for corals.

I wanted to hear some of your guys most disappointing live stock purchases? It could be because of the price, the interest level of the livestock you bought or whatever.

I havent bought any yet so I cant comment haha

Ryan
11-27-2010, 05:26 AM
For me was a recent attempt at a Sharknose Goby; waited for 2-3 months to be in stock, and when they arrived I picked one up as soon as I could. Got it home and into QT and after a few days I noticed it had some weird problem with its jaw and gills. No problem, I took it back for an exchange. Happy to have a GOOD specimen now I carefully acclimated it just like the last one and very carefully netted the fish from the bucket to be moved to the QT tank.... dam thing flipped out of the net and onto the floor! Carefully picked up and dropped into QT. Watched it for about 15 min and everything looking OK I left for the night.

Well the next morning I get up to check on the new fish and it's dead....... That sucked...

This is why you should wait a week or 2. Its better to put a deposit down on a fish. When fish get transhipped in they generally come in with a PH of 6.5-6.7, though sometimes higher if they come from the states or captive raised. Even then the stress from the shipping, being acclimated to the store, then being acclimated to your tank all within 3 days is too much.

daniella3d
11-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Like what? how do you care for them?

Mine are doing ok but he got me worried so I would like to know what is the "care for them" instructions?

You really have to know how to care for them.

Marlin65
11-27-2010, 05:37 AM
Purple lobster thought they were so cool did not know they were nocturnal never saw the dam thing.:twised:

daniella3d
11-27-2010, 05:39 AM
wow, interesting.

I have a purple tube anemone in my tank and it never eated any fish. I had 2 green mandarins as well and it does not toutch them. One of my mandarin was killed by a yellow tang (sold it after that) and my remaining mandarin female goes to eat beside the tube anemone and she's still there. It's pretty big as well, not sure what to do with it if it continue to grow like that. It's now the size of a soccer ballon.

I would have to say a pink tube anemone....beautiful...but when I put it in the tank....It quickly cleaned up 3 fish in aobut 2 days....regal tang......4 line wrasse.......and a mandarin......I still have the tube anemone but it now lives in its own tank....the tank is called death tank.....he has 3 crabs in there with him.....

Oh...I have Kenya tree everywhere from one little frag I put in my tank....I clean it out and flush the stuff every year...its brutal....it takes over everything....but when you first start out...you want to grow anything you can get your hands on.....dumb!!

2pts
11-27-2010, 06:13 AM
I bought 3 berghia nudibranches.

Didn't drip acclimate them, just floated the bags for 20 mins with the lights off. Didn't bother to turn the pumps off when I dropped them in.

Within 1 second of hitting the water, all 3 caught a current directly to my jawfish's hole. He gobbled 2 before I could get my hand in there to scare him. If I recall correctly, his snacks were $20 per.

The 3rd one clung to a rock for 2 hours, then I never saw it again.

Only one to blame was me.

htfn
11-27-2010, 07:00 AM
my case is a powder blue tang. he had ich and I didnt notice when I got it. next day, I noticed white tiny spot and he died about 3 weeks later with his new friends. he took most of my fishes. however, my corals are doing better than before, so maybe I should thank to PB tang.

dsaundry
11-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Copper Band Butterfly, after having one for years in a previous tank I have purchased 2 others only to sadly watch them starve. Never a store bought one again.

globaldesigns
11-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Wow, I have many. Here they are:

1.) $40 for a purple clawed lobster - I have had it for over 2 years, never see it, but once in awhile I peer into the rocks and see it, so it is still alive. And sometimes I get a skeleton shed, proving it is still there. Waste of money, as I never see it.

2.) SPS corals that don't last the night - RTN

3.) Several small fish, that jumped within a day or two

4.) Maroon Clown Fish - Beautiful fish, but dumb as dirt, and wants to host to anything. It is kinda like a dog that will hump anyones leg. This thing sweeps anything and everything to clean around it, thus keeping my water hazy much of the time. I WANNA KILL THIS THING, but that is the only time he is smart, as he stays away from me.

5.) having a clam die in a day. LFS tore the foot off, I didn't know any better, and it didn't make it.

There is more, but just a taste of what I have.

Aquaria
11-27-2010, 07:56 PM
my worst purcheus was a when i first started in the hobby i thought my 6m old tank had enough pods to support a red manderian you get the idea needless to say i vowed to never get another one unless its eating frozen already AND as for gsp I LOVE THEM awsome looking coral +7 or w/e on an island type rock keep it isolated or you will regret getting them