PDA

View Full Version : Snail and Coral Death

PFisher
08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I have recently started up a new tank at the office and things have been going well. The tank is about 5 weeks old now and I started adding love stock about a week ago after the nitrite dropped to 0. So far the fish, crabs and shrimp are doing very well. I brought in a couple of mushrooms and a small patch of green star polyps from my home tank and neither has expanded and both appear to be near death.

Snails also appear to have the same trouble. I bought 2 snails and did a several hour acclimation and they never moved. I thought that I may have acclimated them too quickly so a couple of days later (after a 20% water change) I bought 1 more and did a slow drip acclimation over 16 hours. Same result, it never moved.

Salinity, temp, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate all look fine (close to home tank). I have no idea what else to test for that the fish, crabs and shrimp would be immune to. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Patrick

Bob
08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Ph?

shrimpchips
08-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I started adding love stock

Back off on the love.

Check your Mg.

PFisher
08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the tips, I will pick up some test kits tonight.

And will try to stop smothering them with love :) I guess that spell check didn't have a chance on that one.

Borderjumper
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
any chance a cleaning person could be spraying windex or other cleaning chemicals near it?

PFisher
08-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't think so. I have given very specific instructions regarding the cleaning of anything in on or around the tank. But I will ask around, it never hurts to double check.