PDA

View Full Version : i think my tank is crashing

Atmos
08-11-2009, 01:41 AM
all of my corals are closed up, my urchins arent moving. the long spined urchins are dropping their spikes all over the place. even the aiptasia is all curled up in its holes. the fish are still swimming around and dont seem to be affected by whatever is causing this. i dont have any test kits with me so i cant check the parameters. the alkalinity is right on and so is the temperature of the water. i just did a 25 % water change and that seemed to help im going to do another one tomorrow. any suggestions?

Myka
08-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Take some water to your LFS for testing, double check salinity, and keep doing large waterchanges. Don't be scared to do 50%, but make sure your new saltwater has been mixing for at least 24 hours.

tlo
08-11-2009, 02:34 AM
and don`t forget to run some carbon if you are not already doing so

fishytime
08-11-2009, 02:55 AM
Not knowing where your nitates are at, has me reluctant to suggest this, but if things get any worse you could try an emergency dose of something like Prime or TAs Nitrate destroyer.

Atmos
08-12-2009, 05:27 PM
i did an emergency dose of prime... just incase and ahe chaeto in the refugium is doing fine, one of my urchins died and 3 are still ok and some of the corals are starting to show signs of life again. im gonna do another water change today.