PDA

View Full Version : GBTA 'Unsplits'

mike31154
08-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm serious. Yesterday around midday I noticed my green BTA quite deflated and starting to pull itself in half a la split mode. By the end of the day before lights out it was only joined by a thread, the mouth was stretched to the limit. My maroon clown female was still groovin' in there the odd time but she was fairly gentle. I looked in on things from time to time all glad that I'd soon have two BTAs and wondering where I would like the clone to be situated. Or perhaps see if someone wants to buy a BTA locally.

This morning, I swear, the thing was quite inflated again and it really seems like it's changed it's mind (what mind?) and is in the process of closing itself up around the horseshoe of what's left of the oral opening. Took some photos yesterday but my crappy camera doesn't really produce shots with adequate detail, lighting and focus seem to be issues through the glass. Auto focus/lighting can be a pain sometimes, wish I still had my old 35mm.

Anyone ever heard of or experienced something like this? Just looking at it again and it's definitely going back to a more circular shape and well inflated. I guess the next couple of days will be interesting to see how this plays out.

mike31154
07-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Thought I might resurrect this thread and add a couple of photos of this 'non' event almost a year ago. The BTA did indeed put itself back together after having nearly split. Here are the pics taken August 2009. Not the greatest but it's quite evident how stretched and thin in the middle it is, with parts of the foot at the extreme top and bottom of the pic.

http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pj-dWkrJelV0RUO3PTGpQIy4SCsxeqtyqNWF2mhqr9e3SZcyXRXWQ W39eELsuWhqscZQxCNbkaJ48UGTNJviPtA/BTASplit2.JPG?psid=1

http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1puN3SntauAwVv9zbQ-fIdl4dxUL4Klt_UcHF_KPU6VxmW8Z_q2EmU7A7ZoTOgAnhLxHZ y0qxp5kgEVaoliW142w/BTASplit1.JPG?psid=1

Fast forward to just a couple of weeks ago and the critter finally decided to go through with a complete split. In fact two days ago the clone split as well so now I have three, count 'em, three GBTAs.

So far they're all staying relatively close together and I'll keep a close eye on them for a few weeks. After that, stay tuned for a post in the livestock for sale forum. My Maroon clownfish pair are having a field day playing around in the three of them. It's hilarious to see the large female trying to snuggle into a BTA not even half her size while the male is engulfed in the still fairly large mother BTA.